Annoying!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coco20

Reaction score
Hi All,

I think I just need a bit of a rant and to also see if any other hair extensionists/hair dresses feel the same.

A woman in the local area is offering a full head of micro, pre bond and weft for £100! [emoji52] for a full head of the individual that doesent even cover the hair I buy, let alone fitting.

I don't want to sound bitchy but her work is awful too! It's absolutely horrendous. But she is getting so much business than me because it's cheap. I can't compete with her prices, if I did I would be out of pocket. How am I supposed to get business with women like her around. [emoji29]

Blah.....x

You'll get plenty of business probably the clients who had their extensions fitted by her when it all ends in disaster !! Plus most people I have spoken to said they are put off by cheap extensions " if it's too good to be true " I wouldn't worry as your having a rant I just want to add this , does anyone have the odd cheeky person asking to have extensions fitted but need it to be under £100 ? And by Friday ! Had someone yesterday ask i explained I couldn't do it for that price us no appointments no response obviously . Should have said get on eBay and buy cheap clip in extensions lol X

You'll get plenty of business probably the clients who had their extensions fitted by her when it all ends in disaster !! Plus most people I have spoken to said they are put off by cheap extensions " if it's too good to be true " I wouldn't worry as your having a rant I just want to add this , does anyone have the odd cheeky person asking to have extensions fitted but need it to be under £100 ? And by Friday ! Had someone yesterday ask i explained I couldn't do it for that price us no appointments no response obviously . Should have said get on eBay and buy cheap clip in extensions lol X

I had the most awful consultation yesterday and the young woman was soooo demanding! She was fine about the price but she wanted them done NOW!
I'm just rather disheartened this woman offering them so cheaply.
The quality of hair she is selling is awful too, they are thin and so scraggly at the ends. I know I am sounding bitchy now, but I tested the hair on my self for a long time before offering it. I was the guinea pig for my customers. I made sure the hair was worth the money and it is! I just feel like giving up sometimes [emoji29]

Don't give up it may be a quick fix at the moment but I guarantee its not going to be worth the amount of complaints she will have in the future and she will X

'Wellcome to the new world'
EVERYONE seems to want something for nothing......... DON'T GIVE IT TO THEM!:p
There will ALWAYS be someone, somewhere offering to do 'it' for less...........Let them.;)

Fingers crossed I start getting more business.
Still makes me boil knowing people go for cheap and nasty hair over the stunning locks I offer [emoji53]

If people care about their hair and want them to last they won't go for cheap! If they are wanting a quick fix for just a weekend say that's when they would go cheap! But most people that have extensions care about their hair especially as they aren't the easiest things to up keep!

Thank you all ladies. I really appreciate your advice and support

The clients she gets are the exact clients I WOULDNT want, keep your standards high xx

The clients she gets are the exact clients I WOULDNT want, keep your standards high xx

Thank you lovely! [emoji4] I'll keep trying and I'm not going to stop despite the slights knocks [emoji136] xx

totally agree with what everyone has said! I don't do hair I do beauty and I get super disheartened/peeved when you see someone else offering something so cheap .... but it's completely true you get what you pay for, more often than not people are put off by the cheaper deal as they know deep down that is the case! and the minority that are looking for a cheap deal arent the type of clients you want or need x keep your chin up ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

A few of my friends will go to the likes of the nail salons (you know the type) where you pay £10 and get a full set don't need an appointment and they absolutely ruin your nails rather than book in somewhere every month and keep up with them where when you take them of your natural nails aren't an absolute mess! They only do this as a quick fix for the weekend say and then complain how badly their nails are ruined then do the same all over again!

Grrrrrr to make matters worse. I had a woman messaging me all day regarding getting her hair done. And I just had a message off her saying "sorry I'm not going to bother I have found someone cheaper" is she actually kidding me???? I felt like saying don't bother coming to me when your hair is falling out in clumps or the hair you paid for melted when you straightened it.
How cheeky is that [emoji34][emoji34][emoji34]

I turned someone down the other day as explained nice hair ain't cheap + cheap hair ain't nice (she wanted the cheapest price possible for 22' or 24') I explained the cost would be around £300, I received a reply saying that her hairdresser said she'd offer her 22' full head for £130, my reply :O :O ask where the hell the hair is sourced. She didn't reply back, not upset 1 bit.

I turned someone down the other day as explained nice hair ain't cheap + cheap hair ain't nice (she wanted the cheapest price possible for 22' or 24') I explained the cost would be around £300, I received a reply saying that her hairdresser said she'd offer her 22' full head for £130, my reply :O :O ask where the hell the hair is sourced. She didn't reply back, not upset 1 bit.

Good on you [emoji122][emoji122]
My full head costs £220-£340 depending on grade, method and weight (no of bonds), the hair is over half the price then shipping and I leave myself between £70-£80 for fitting. The hair isn't cheap and I'm not spending hours on someone's hair for nothing!
I have thought about lowering my prices as I cannot keep up with competition.

Good on you [emoji122][emoji122]
My full head costs £220-£340 depending on grade, method and weight (no of bonds), the hair is over half the price then shipping and I leave myself between £70-£80 for fitting. The hair isn't cheap and I'm not spending hours on someone's hair for nothing!
I have thought about lowering my prices as I cannot keep up with competition.
Noooo don't lower your prices! You said yourself that when the cheap hair goes wrong it'll be you who fixes it.....cheap is never good. Keep your chin up and your standards up! [emoji4]xxx

Latest posts

Back