Annual price rise ? yes or no

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clara doon

Reaction score
hi guys I've been wondering for the last couple of weeks about going ahead with my annual price rise. I have for the last 2 years put my prices up at the end of august and would normally at about this time put my new treatment menu (with new prices) on view

I was wondering weather just to forget it it this year as everyone is so hard up and finding things a struggle, I didn't want to put clients off coming anymore by upping the price of their nails as well as everything else at the mo!

I'm just after your ideas/input and wondering what you are all planning for the next couple of months?
cheers guys xx

hi guys I've been wondering for the last couple of weeks about going ahead with my annual price rise. I have for the last 2 years put my prices up at the end of august and would normally at about this time put my new treatment menu (with new prices) on view

I was wondering weather just to forget it it this year as everyone is so hard up and finding things a struggle, I didn't want to put clients off coming anymore by upping the price of their nails as well as everything else at the mo!

I'm just after your ideas/input and wondering what you are all planning for the next couple of months?
cheers guys xx

Tbh, I'm not sure I'd put prices up right now...... Luckily I put mine up in February this year before the 'credit crunch' kicked in. I think people are thinking everything's going up at the moment (even if it's not) and an increase might just put them off.......

You know your client base and whether they would accept an increase right now - go with your instinct.....

hth's

My prices usually go up round about this time of year. It's never an exact time as I just wait until my price lists run out which is usually 12-15 months.

Anyway, my prices will be going up as per usual on 21st July. Clients have been told that their next appointment will cost more (approx 10%) & pretty much everyone has been fine about this.

Don't forget that your own costs go up so this needs to be passed on to the client. None of us are running a charity. We all have bills to pay, wages etc etc...

I generally think that if I lose 1 or 2 4-6 weekly clients because of it, then so be it. I couldn't possibly afford NOT to increase my prices as everything for me increases.

I do have 1 client though who comes in weekly & spends £30 odd each & every week. (could do with more like her :)) I'm friends with her daughter who told me she wouldn't be able to come in as often if the prices went up. Given how much she spends with us, she will be the only client whose prices won't increase.

thanks girls xx you've both brought up good points, which is why I've been in a pickle with this one !

I just don't want my clients to feel 'o0h great not the nails going up as well' I do feel this would upset a few, but others would understand etc.

I think I'll bring it up with a couple who do work for themselves also and test the water so to speak, I'm not talking huge a huge rise, but a rise all the same.
cheers x

Like you I'm thinking along the same lines. . .

I'm thinking that if I don't put them up, though, I'm going to make a little notice (or maybe quite a big one lol) saying something like "As a thank you to my loyal clients (and because the credit crunch has made you all so skint) there will be NO price increase until next year." Maybe I'll tweak the wording lol.

Kinda make them appreciate it?

right girls thanks for the input I am going to put SOME of my prices up but not all on my list.
just another question, when you all do a price increase how much so you increase by?
50p £1.00 or more I was going to put £1.50 on my rebalance price but wondered if it was too much of a jump??? help !!

Hiya

You have to take into account what price increases you've had to pay for - bills, goods, rent, petrol etc. If you've had to fork out extra in some area put the prices up otherwise you'll loose out.

Also, if your competition has put their prices up then you should consider an increase, sometimes being cheaper gives off the wrong impression.

Deb379

Just a quick point - haven't you recently done your masters too since your last pricelist? Wouldn't your customers be willing to pay more because you are the best at what you do? I know that I would pay more to go to you rather than Joe Bloggs! x

Just a quick point - haven't you recently done your masters too since your last pricelist? Wouldn't your customers be willing to pay more because you are the best at what you do? I know that I would pay more to go to you rather than Joe Bloggs! x

very good point xx thank you xx in the words of loreal ... you know your worth it !:hug:

Latest posts

Back