Annual salary

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelle2008

Reaction score
Hello every one :)
Can anyone tell me the hourly wage for a qulified beauty therapist nvq 3 with no experience
2 years experience
5 years experience
I know the minimum wage is £5.52 and this starts from the age of 22 but would like to have an idea how much everyone pays their therapists.
Thank you

Hi Michelle,

I think it will vary nationwide and the rates I am going to give you know are a few years old as I have been self employed since then,

When I was still training nvq 3 I was paid £4.50 ph ( this was approx 4 1/2 years ago) and I worked in a Spa

When I qualified I moved to another Spa and was on £5.90 ph which worked out about £12,000 pa

Im not sure what the going rate is now but if I was to go back to being employed I would want a minimum of £7 per hour. hope this has helped in someway.

Thank you bombini for your reply.This has help very much. I though it would about £7.00 an hour for 5 years experience. So it would work out for non experience therapist the minimume wage £5.52 and then increase after a year.

I think norm is around £6 for newly qualified. Could be then anything from £6-£7 for a few years experience. 5yrs experience would be around £7 i think and 7yrs experience £8 and above. Plus commission on all these.

I personally think a lot should depend not only on experience but on how much your therapist is bringing in revenue to your salon. If they are bringing in £1,000 per week maybe around £12,000 pa, if they are brining in £2,000 per week then around £19-20k is the norm.

I am quoting figures here given to me from when I attended a lecture this week from a large skincare company. These figures were quoted for spa's mainly though so maybe not a good comparison.

If you are self employed you would generally take £15 - £30 per hour, depending on treatment.

Latest posts

Back