Another Acrylic set back. Cold weather advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Nails

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Ok so this morning I go to a lovely ladies house to do her acrylics. Her house was literally freezing. Well to be truthful at first I didnt take a lot of notice. Halfway through her first hand I realised that I was having terrible difficulty controlling my CND l+P. Didnt matter how much I wiped the brush the beads were really wet. It was taking literally ages to set.

I had to wait til the count of at least 25 before I could attempt to press the bead because it was getting stuck to the brush. But there was literally no liquid in my brush. Now I'm assuming this was due to the cold.
My clients hands were freezing and so were mine.

What could I have done to help matters. If I had known I suppose I could have used a hot water bottle to put under her hands. Her microwave is broken at the moment so could not have used a heated bag. But should I have warmed up my monomer somehow and would this have helped with my mix ratio.

Also now am I going to get service breakdown cause I feel I was working way way to wet. I usually work to dry!.

God this is just another set back. I just want to do a good set of nails ARRRRGGGGG!!!!!

:grr:

cheers guys,
karen xxxx

Hi, does sound like it might have been the cold.

I work from a room in my cellar and it is freezing down there so i have a portable heater that seems to do the job.

Maybe think about a portable light/lamp? this might be helpful as a heat source from above the nail.

I think you can also get some enhancement drops that go into your monomer to combat the cold although i have never used or researched about this and if i was using CND would look at their products.

hth :)

Hi, does sound like it might have been the cold.

I work from a room in my cellar and it is freezing down there so i have a portable heater that seems to do the job.

Maybe think about a portable light/lamp? this might be helpful as a heat source from above the nail.

I think you can also get some enhancement drops that go into your monomer to combat the cold although i have never used or researched about this and if i was using CND would look at their products.

hth :)

Hmm drops sound interesting, perhaps one of the CND gurus on here might know about them.

Unfortunately the lamp is a double edged sword. I have just bought a daylight lamp which lets out no heat underneath at all. This is to combat the acrylic curing to quick in the summer lol. I can't win can I.

thanks for your reply xxxx

Hmm drops sound interesting, perhaps one of the CND gurus on here might know about them.

Unfortunately the lamp is a double edged sword. I have just bought a daylight lamp which lets out no heat underneath at all. This is to combat the acrylic curing to quick in the summer lol. I can't win can I.

thanks for your reply xxxx

Ive just bought a portable LED lamp from LIDL. It attaches to the table and looks quite stylish - I bought it because of the brightness of the light but it actually generates a lot of heat.... And it was only 3.99! not a massive investment IMO x

Ive just bought a portable LED lamp from LIDL. It attaches to the table and looks quite stylish - I bought it because of the brightness of the light but it actually generates a lot of heat.... And it was only 3.99! not a massive investment IMO x

Hmm that might help actually. The only reason I stayed away from led was because I do gel polishes as well and people were saying that it cured the gel. I was worried as I had invested a lot of money in my gel polishes and I didn't want them also going off in the bottle.

I could just use this lamp on acrylic tho in the cold weather.
cheers hun xxx

Latest posts

Back