Another Blow to the tanning industry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to work in tanning shops!!! amount of young people wanted to go on the sunbed!!! under 18 i wouldnt let them on only if a parent was about, and could signed a form to say its was ok!!!

If anyone wanted to do more mins than i say or more days i say NO!! if they wanted to i make them sign a form to say they want to 20mins when i told them they should do 7mins etc....
i would always sell a after creme to :) to cool the skin after always worked!!!

But your statements are all based on your BELIEF.

The statements I make are not made from my belief I couldnt care less if people use sunbeds or hide under the stairs between 12-4 in the day.
I am just making other people aware of the other side of the coin and not just listening to the doctor 's creating a blame culture, if all sunbed salons closed tomorrow and (their is no proof that it would or it wouldnt) the same amount of people were getting skin problems it would be down to the cars we drive and the emissions they give off or going to extremes they would think of some other hair brained idea like the tomoto juice in baked beans creates skin cancer

Yes UV exposure is a therapy in itself in the medical arena in certain circumstances.

Ohhhh right, is this advice from the same doctors who say dont use sunbeds AT ALL.

Do not pretend that tanning is safe - whatever the exposure! You are incorrect.

A RECENT STUDY of European melanoma rates found that in Sweden - where sunbed use is strictly regulated and tanning salons are supervised, preventing children from using them and protecting adults from over-exposure - there was less melanoma in sunbed users than in non-users.

Well that statement alone blows away a little of your theories and beliefs.
And it backs mine up somewhat as Controlled Exposure and not Over Exposure is more of a good thing. And what about what WHO are saying

World Health Organisation report that, on a sunny day, a FAIR-SKINNED person will achieve maximum Vitamin D production from exposing face and forearms to midday sunlight for five to ten minutes, up to three times a week. CONTROLLED exposure gives the benefit and OVER exposure causes harm.

So in fairness the sun can be a good thing and not like your beliefs of no exposure to the sun, period!

I do not wish to carry this on and on until eternity.

Ohhhhh, we might get called up to appear on Question Time

You are in the minority.

Well I am sure you and me both would like the income generated from the airlines (i would even go 50/50 with you) that jet people worldwide for one sole purpose, to get out in the sun

I wouldnt really call that the minority.

The minority is the people who know that OVER exposure is bad and stays out of the sun at its hottest period. the rest of us couldnt care less.
We only worry when we have contracted the skin cancer.

Lets get the facts straight here 99% of people know that OVER exposure is bad which is my argument but who is putting the guides out their to let people know exactly what is classed as OVER exposure and CONTROLLED exposure, how can they say that the sun, (which is critical for all our survival and which has been around for more years than all the skin cancer doctors put together) is bad. And one more piece of food for thought all the doctors who say you shouldnt go out in the sun etc etc, Do they all belong to the "anemic-vitamin d deficiency council"?

I prefer my own theory that its the juice from baked beans thats causing the problems.
As for me I will be out in the sun as soon as this bloody weather picks up.

The whole issue of sun bed usage is a tricky one and one that does provoke criticism which to be fair is founded upon both irresponsible users,salon providers and the results of which are readily made available through the press.

There is something of a delamere here as with the ever increasing demands legislation is placing on UV output and exposure times there is the ever real danger that there will be more "underground" tanning providers who operate on the fringes of a legitimate business and abuse the rules so as to simply cash in...they operate high output beds without exposure limitations ...word gets out and the facilities are used and abused ...trading standards step in and close them down...they simply take all their equipment and open up somewhere else.:eek:

Its a difficult one...ban drugs and it simply goes underground where it is not properly regulated.....in the same way as brothels here in the UK...wouldn't it be wiser and safer for all users if these were legitimised..after all its the oldest service provider known to the human race :eek:

Sorry to go off topic but my fingers just kept right on typing :lol::lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back