Another Pedi Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmen

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
For those of you who use CND Spa Pedicure line, do you include a paraffin dip as well? I was practicing on one of my friends and she said the cooling effect of the Marine Mask and then the warm paraffin after felt kind of strange? Has anyone had feedback on this from their clients?

Also, I was trained to use the gauze with the paraffin when doing a pedicure but I find it's kind of messy with the dripping. Does anyone use this method and have any tips for me? Or, any other method suggestions are welcome.

Thanks once again for the help!:Love:
Carmen

Hi
i would not use the paraffin with this pedicure as i see it more as a summer pedicure.
I use the raw earth which is more warming hence its my winter pedi and is better with the paraffin.
Use boot mittins to put the paraffin in. Is more hygienic and the customer knows that no one else has used the paraffin.

Thanks Josephine. This may be a stupid question but by saying use boot mittens, do you mean to put the paraffin directly in the plastic bag, put the foot in, and then use the warming booties?

Carmen

Spa pedicures are mainly used in the summer - the mask has a lovely cooling effect in the warm months.

As Josephine said, raw earth is ideal this time of year.

If you dont want to dip clients' feet in the paraffin, you can always transfer some into a small bowl, wait for it to cool a little and apply very quickly with a mask brush.

Carmen said:
Thanks Josephine. This may be a stupid question but by saying use boot mittens, do you mean to put the paraffin directly in the plastic bag, put the foot in, and then use the warming booties?

Carmen

Apply the paraffin, wrap your client's feet preferably with plastic, then place in a pair of warm mitts if you have any...

I use one or the other, I give my clients the option of either paraffin wax of the mask & I do find the mask seems to be far more popular during the summer months.

Carmen said:

Carmen
I don't use warming booties. i just put the paraffin into the plastic bag and dip foot/hand into the bag and coat the paraffin around the hand and leave for about 5-7 mins under a warm/hot towel. Then just peel off the whole thing together, the paraffin is in the bag and then throw the lot away. (i find this the lease messy way. mask brushs tend to get clogged after a whole)

Josephine said:
I don't use warming booties. i just put the paraffin into the plastic bag and dip foot/hand into the bag and coat the paraffin around the hand and leave for about 5-7 mins under a warm/hot towel. Then just peel off the whole thing together, the paraffin is in the bag and then throw the lot away. (i find this the lease messy way. mask brushs tend to get clogged after a whole)

Hi,

This is interesting and was just wondering:

1) how do you transfer the paraffin wax into the bag

2) how much do you put in the bag as this seems like you could have a lot of wastage ?

3) wont the client just have a big gloop of paraffin wax over the foot using this method ?

River

River said:
Hi,

This is interesting and was just wondering:

1) how do you transfer the paraffin wax into the bag a teacup

2) how much do you put in the bag as this seems like you could have a lot of wastage ? a teacup's worth for a foot, about half for hands

3) wont the client just have a big gloop of paraffin wax over the foot using this method ? not if you spread it over and around the foot while it's still liquidy

River

i put the paraffin in the bag, then the hand/foot, then squish it around. hth

i do the same aswell it works really well :D

Latest posts

Back