Another query - re scratches on natural nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady_Nightshade

Reaction score
But Ive another query,

Ive just had my acerylic overlays removed today and while my nails are fine and dandy on the whole, they are covered in little tiny scratches.

Can I buff these off myself using a three way buffer, or is it best to leave them?

Im not sure if they settle down or grow out tbh.

Ive put a coat of clear nail polish on my nails to try hide the worse of the scratches but I can still see them. :rolleyes:

Thankies
:hug:

when you say removed ? in what way? as i have found these scratches only on clients that have pulled their enhancements off them selves hun .

when you say removed ? in what way? as i have found these scratches only on clients that have pulled their enhancements off them selves hun .

I swear I never touched them myself, I went to the salon and had them soaked off with acetone, after which the tech used a file to get the last bits off. Oh and she put a protein formula from Nailiteque (?)(sp) on as well.

well all i can think of is the file that was used was to hard for what was needed and maybe some over filing on the natural plate to remove the remaining product ? beaaring in min d your nails are a bit 'soft' if thats the right word lol after enhancements so a mini manicure is always advisable. anyone else got any aadvise ?

well all i can think of is the file that was used was to hard for what was needed and maybe some over filing on the natural plate to remove the remaining product ? beaaring in min d your nails are a bit 'soft' if thats the right word lol after enhancements so a mini manicure is always advisable. anyone else got any aadvise ?

Would it be ok (for my nails that is) to buff them myself using a three way buffer then or would I be better just using my oil like normal and leaving them be for a while.

do they hurt?

do they hurt?

Not in the slightest, probably not that noticable to others, they are very fine scratches. Just they catch my attention.

Tbh I will still be wiggling my fingers at my friends who told me my nails would be ruined after having overlays and going NANANA. :green:

well dont listen as your nail do not get ruined hun if they are done properly and maintained well.:) so try a buffer and lightly buffer the nail in the direction of the nail growth and see how that works :) keep up with the oil to ) xx

well dont listen as your nail do not get ruined hun if they are done properly and maintained well.:) so try a buffer and lightly buffer the nail in the direction of the nail growth and see how that works :) keep up with the oil to ) xx

Ok :) Thanks for the help :hug: :hug: :hug:

welcome hun xxx

....and lashings of cuticle oil....solar oil and toughen up nail strengthener....well that is what i would recommend:D

I think the nails may have well been over filed,and if this is the case then you are lucky the nails have not been damaged:hug:

Just remember that the nails have to be cared for.Have regular manicures,so the dead tissue surrounding the skin can be removed,apply solar oil and use it over the nail as well as the surrounding lateral fold of the skin,use it wherever and whenever,you can never apply too much as the ingredients in solar oil will penetrate through the nail layers to give the nails flexibilty.

And thirdly,coat the nails in toughen up,this will do what it says and will make the nails resilient.

So the three rules are:Care,Condition,and Coat:):hug:

....and lashings of cuticle oil....solar oil and toughen up nail strengthener....well that is what i would recommend:D

I think the nails may have well been over filed,and if this is the case then you are lucky the nails have not been damaged:hug:

Just remember that the nails have to be cared for.Have regular manicures,so the dead tissue surrounding the skin can be removed,apply solar oil and use it over the nail as well as the surrounding lateral fold of the skin,use it wherever and whenever,you can never apply too much as the ingredients in solar oil will penetrate through the nail layers to give the nails flexibilty.

And thirdly,coat the nails in toughen up,this will do what it says and will make the nails resilient.

So the three rules are:Care,Condition,and Coat:):hug:

I will for sure. :) I want my nails as nice as poss tbh, they are ok but generally soft and easy to break (Ive blamed biting them for years for that although I stopped 10 years back now) so Ill be giving them more love from now on, and less washing up with no gloves. :o

:hug:

Latest posts

Back