Anxious about spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemarmalade

Reaction score
I did a one day spray tan course almost a year ago and haven't done one since, now I've started working in a new salon and have a few clients booked in for a tan, but I'm really nervous Incase I make a total mess and leave streaks all over the clients!!

I'm probably over reacting, but I'm feeling really anxious about this! I can't even remember the standing positions I'm supposed to give the client.

My new manager did a demonstration to refresh my memory and also has a rep coming out soon for all the new girls, but In the meantime I don't know what to do! :(

Does anyone have any advice?

Hello!

I'm new to this site but I'm a recently qualified tan tech and wondered if I could help you?
What I did for my first tan was I performed it on a friend who was qualified and experienced and wrote down the different poses in order. I recited them off to myself as I did my first few (I must've looked crazy) but it really helped. I've built my confidence up quite a bit now and it definitely gets easier. I haven't left anyone streaky or patchy either, almost did as I over sprayed an area on my 5th client but had a clean tan mit around to just dab the excess off. She looked perfect the day after.
I've attached a photo of my first ever tan and as you can see she isn't streaky (I had some kind of tan angel that day ahaha)

Also, don't be nervous. You know what you're doing, just have a recap and be confident :) you'll be great! I also find that the clients are far more nervous than you, even the most confident of women can go shy at the thought of stripping off so just stay cool and collected and remember all mistakes can be fixed.

Good luck!! xox

Attachments

• sophbody.jpg
    sophbody.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 75

Latest posts

Back