Any good ideas for a strange problem?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helenyellis

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have an unusual problem, my friends son is a drag artist in the evenings and at weekends, but has a "proper" job during the day. Any ideas how we can stick on false nails every night without him causing huge amount of damage to his natural nail when he tries to get them off. I have tried to get him to soak, but after a long night performing the last thing he wants to do is sit for 20 to 30 mins soaking. Any ideas please.

Thanks

Helen:rolleyes:

hi there, fantastic job eh id love to get dollied up everynight he he ;)
the only thing i can recommend would be a gel based nail glue they are less abrasive to the nails and come off without much hassle, im not sure of brands but when i was testing nail glues this one was dried like gloopy gel ( if you get me) this type of glue done the job for short periods, came off easily and my nail plate was fine afterwards lol...usually in the cheap brands of stick on nails from the chemist, broadway nails might be worth a try...x

or there is those little double sided stickers but to me theyre rubbish an would fall off in an instant haha!! :biggrin:

Thanks guys
The problem being that his day job means that his hands are on show all the time and even clear shellac would be noticable as its lushly shiney,
although I think it would be prefrable to the damage he's doing now.:wink2:

I know its not professional, but what about those stickers you get with some high street total cover nails?

I know its not professional, but what about those stickers you get with some high street total cover nails?

GNTA.. was literally just getting to the end of the thread and racking my brains.. when i thought of Minx.. and other foils.. easy to apply easy to remove..

Sarah xx

CND matte polish on his nails , his natural nails can be on show with out it noticing and the matte coat and can attach the stickons on top of it.

You can do what they do for runway models who need quick nail changes to match the outfits they model...

Make up a set of full coverage tips, and then stick them on with a glue dot normally used for scrapbooking. It's just a sticker, so it will peel right off a healthy nail after the show with no damage to the natural nail.

Latest posts

Back