Any ideas on how to set up my "Nails" room?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yolanda

Reaction score
My parents have kindly given me a room to set up as my studio. As if that was not enough they are also helping me in setting it up :). My father has done some plastering this morning and he will in the weekend paint it peach for me, a colour we all agreed about. Later I intend to funish in green (plants and curtains) as I find these colours mix well.

Now I do not have money to buy furniture yet and therefore I have to do with what I have. Would a normal 6 seater table do? (I find this a bit big to my liking however this is the only table I have at the moment :S). I also have two chairs and a cupboard that will be fixed up on the wall where I can store items.

But...my real question is this: What else do I need to start as regards to 'nails' connected items? I will have the professional kit from CND but what else do I need to buy? I know I need towels and a cuticle pusher....any other ideas pls?

Thanks for the attention and I apologise for long post,

Yollie

Yollie,

When I went on my Creative course at Maidenhead, I could buy the additional items needed there, which were: Cuticle pusher, Disinfecting spray (for tools and files), Tip Cutters, Nail Wipes, Various files, Cuticle Remover, Scrubfresh.

Also need: Couch roll/kitchen roll, Bin (ideally metal to contain odours), Arm rest/cushion for client, Desk lamp, Handcream.

I invested in a cheapish nail station (about £160) although you can buy dressing tables in argos etc, that would prob do same job for about £30! You need to be face to face with client so this may be hard using a big table.

Hope this helps - sounds like fun, good luck!
x

PS, just realised you are in Malta - Argos is a Catalogue based shop!

Oh thanks so much, that is much more than helpful!

I do not have much money and I need some to buy the products which I would really need (the ones you mentioned) however now I am a bit worried about the table :S

I will try to look around in the garage or at my sister's. Is it not possible to work at an angle? The table is quite large.

Thanks again

Yollie

Don't worry we have Argos too, but unfortunatly the company here is not very reliable :S

Yollie

Hi, with regards to a table, ive thought about buying a length of kitchen worktop or the like and attaching it to the wall with a bracket underneath one end and maybe a chrome leg at the other? they do come in quite narrow widths and you could fix it at the right height for sitting at and just put a cheap set of shelves or drawers underneath. Got to be cheaper than a 'proper' nail station i would think? hthx

Thanks for your help,

I am looking around to find a desk which is not very expensive. I already found one which is only about 50 Euros, since I was thinking it might work out cheaper than to buy a top and hinges etc and also do it myself :S (which I am totally not good at).

I am sure that I would also need tips, and I know that each person's nails are unique and need to be fitted with the best possible tips (suitable curve etc), however I do not afford to buy all the different types. Any suggestions as to which I should buy first? (I will be buying CND tips).

Thanks

Yollie

Hi creative do four different types of tips that u can buy in small trial size boxes try the velosity pack i find they fit most nail types well, Ti x:)

Hiya,

Did not know you could buy trial size boxes. This way I can buy more than one type to be able to fit different shapes. Would you by any chance know how many tips a trial size box contain?

Thanks

Yollie

Hi they come in boxes of 100 tips for 14.95p u can get them from creative nail design tel:01132755719 fax:01132306125

Latest posts

Back