Any Irish Creative techs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rach.rua

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wondering if you wouldn't mind telling me how much you normally charge for your services, my charges were queried recently and that person found them excessive, i was under the impression my prices are extremely good! I think the prices in the UK might be very different for some reason..?!

Thanks so much in advance for any imput!

Rach. xx

Yes - I would be very interested to hear too. Perhaps I'll move to Ireland. You are a lucky girl being able to charge those prices Rachel. Good for you.:green:

(I charge £40 when clients are having a pedi along with gel toes whereas Rachel charges 100 Euros which I think is c£70).

Well if you are getting the clients and they are staying with you then what does it mater what others are charging? You're obviously doing something right! Or maybe there is less competition over there as was the case a few years back over here.

Hi Rach

Im based in the midlands and I charge €50 for a full set of gels and through in free nail art if thats what the client wants.
I charge 30 for a deluxe pedi inc parraffin wax thats and hr long
25 for deluxe mani inc heated mitts 1 hour also
10 for a file and paint
Mini pedi 1 - cuticle work & polish - 15eur
Mini pedi 2 - cuticle work, hard skin removed, lotion & polish - 18 eur

What do u charge?

NC

Thanks everyone for replying!
I don't know why the prices are different here..?:irked: The Salon where i work part time in; charge €70 for full set of Gel/L&P on hands, €60 for gel toes, it's either €60 or €65 for full pedicure, i don't have the price list at hand and can't remember the rest of the prices but they are all more than mine. Same goes for the two salons i'm my town. I honestly don't know of anywhere that charges less than i do, except for my sister who is not even finished the foundation course yet but is charging €30, (soon to be €50) at the moment for sets on models. When i trained with Creative we were all given guide prices and the norm for a pedicure is €60, because it does take at least an hour and it is work. I charge €50 for full sets of brisa gel/L&P (forever french), gel toes and also €50 for full pedicure, they are the most expensive things on my price list. I don't offer mini pedicures or just file and polishes at the mo. All of my clients are very happy with my prices, i haven't come across anyone until now who thinks they are expensive but it probably is because i am so close to dublin and anyone who has recieved these services recently in or around Dublin will know that my charges are quite low in comparison.
God i feel like i'm on trial here. But i know that the Creative products are far cheaper in the UK too. Hi NC, thanks for your feedback, how much do you charge for brisa gel toes? Do you use Creative too?

Hey Rach,

I charge 30 for my gel toes (NSI).

I have a home salona nd go mobile so I dont have hight overheads to meet so I can keep my prices down compared to the salons locally.
If I was to open up they would have to go up a bit. I do spray tan and make up too.

Rach.rua said:
Thanks everyone for replying!
I don't know why the prices are different here..?:irked: The Salon where i work part time in; charge €70 for full set of Gel/L&P on hands, €60 for gel toes, it's either €60 or €65 for full pedicure, i don't have the price list at hand and can't remember the rest of the prices but they are all more than mine. Same goes for the two salons i'm my town. I honestly don't know of anywhere that charges less than i do, except for my sister who is not even finished the foundation course yet but is charging €30, (soon to be €50) at the moment for sets on models. When i trained with Creative we were all given guide prices and the norm for a pedicure is €60, because it does take at least an hour and it is work. I charge €50 for full sets of brisa gel/L&P (forever french), gel toes and also €50 for full pedicure, they are the most expensive things on my price list. I don't offer mini pedicures or just file and polishes at the mo. All of my clients are very happy with my prices, i haven't come across anyone until now who thinks they are expensive but it probably is because i am so close to dublin and anyone who has recieved these services recently in or around Dublin will know that my charges are quite low in comparison.
God i feel like i'm on trial here. But i know that the Creative products are far cheaper in the UK too. Hi NC, thanks for your feedback, how much do you charge for brisa gel toes? Do you use Creative too?

Rachel, Creative Products are the same price here as the UK, just converted to euros hun! Your prices are normal for here so don't be worrying!

Just thought I would share this with you............
When I left the UK(7 years ago) my salon was charging 49.50 pound for fullsets.
In Greece 50 euros(around 35 pounds)
Here in Bulgaria 20 leva(about 7.50 pounds)
So at the moment I am treading water doing nothing and missing doing nails !!!!!!!!:)

You will always get people who say things like this just because they want a discount.

If your other customers are happy then dont worry about it.

take care xxx

oh sorry about that, i must have been misinformed re rates in UK then.
Well in that case i really don't know why its so expensive here then.

cna ireland said:
Rachel, Creative Products are the same price here as the UK, just converted to euros hun! Your prices are normal for here so don't be worrying!

Actually, VAT in Ireland is 21% compared to the UK's 17.5% so there must be a bit of a price difference.

Rach, I charge 40.00 Euro for a full set of nails (CND or Ez Flow) and for Brisa toes I charge 25.00 Euro. I work from home too so don't have the salon overheads. However, I'm only about 4 miles from the the city centre and most of the Salons around here only charge slightly more than myself. And there are a lot of 'mobile' nail techs popping up who are charging a lot less than me - how does one compete with 25.00 Euro for a full set of nails?? Luckily these 'newbies' don't seem to have affected my business. In town I would say the average price for a full set is 70.00 to 80.00 Euro, although there are the more expensive ones.

If people are happy paying the prices you charge then don't worry about it, if you start getting busier than you want to be then up them a little more! But if it starts getting quiet, drop them a bit.

Jackie
www.LibertyNailDesign.com

Thanks Jackie.

Gosh from €25 to €80+ and people pay it! its mad init! Would you be able to travel to kildare? This all started because 'urban geek' is trying to find someone to do a pedicure and brisa gel toe nails for her sis before she goes on hols but didnt wana have to trek all the way into city centre. She felt i was a bit expensive so she would probably be very happy with you! If you could you should pm her. Thanks again jackie. xx

I am sure my sister would be delighted to have Jackie's services regardless of her charges - she is very experienced and skilled.

I'll check with my sister and see if she wants a trip into Dublin.

Rachel - it is refreshing that you value your services and go girl if you get clients who are happy to pay your costs.

Thanks everyone:hug:

Well thanks for that Christine!

Rach.rua said:
Thanks Jackie.

Gosh from €25 to €80+ and people pay it! its mad init! Would you be able to travel to kildare? This all started because 'urban geek' is trying to find someone to do a pedicure and brisa gel toe nails for her sis before she goes on hols but didnt wana have to trek all the way into city centre. She felt i was a bit expensive so she would probably be very happy with you! If you could you should pm her. Thanks again jackie. xx

Hiya Rach, yes it amazes me the difference in prices around the country - but if people are happy paying it, hey, who are we to complain? :lol:

It's also nice to see a nail tech who is happy to stick to her prices, the previously mentioned newbie nail techs that keep appearing in my area just keep lowering and lowering their prices - not just for nails either, I also do tanning and waxing and just can't compete with their prices. I base mine on the local salons prices and am only slightly cheaper than theirs, so there's no way I'm going to drop my prices either because so and so is half my price AND goes mobile. The cheapest I've seen nails advertised here for is €10.00!! That's £7.50 GBP!!! Ridiculous, isn't it? The mind boggles. :eek:

Urban Geek, shame I'm not able to travel to Kildare but if you're sister wants a quick trip to Dublin let me know! :) I'm scanning my brain (didn't take long!) to think of anyone in Kildare, but no success I'm afraid - sorry. When is your sister coming over?

Jackie
x

Ok, just read the beginning of the thread properly! If it's just Brisa gel toes I charge €25.00........ if they want a pedicure as well, then it's an additional €40.00 - geez, no wonder I sounded cheap!!! :lol: :lol:

Jackie
x

JackieMc said:
Ok, just read the beginning of the thread properly! If it's just Brisa gel toes I charge €25.00........ if they want a pedicure as well, then it's an additional €40.00 - geez, no wonder I sounded cheap!!! :lol: :lol:

Jackie
x

I was just about to book a flight and get my toes done :lol: :lol:

River

Wondered why my phone's been ringing non-stop! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jackie
x

JackieMc said:
Urban Geek, shame I'm not able to travel to Kildare but if you're sister wants a quick trip to Dublin let me know! :) I'm scanning my brain (didn't take long!) to think of anyone in Kildare, but no success I'm afraid - sorry. When is your sister coming over?
My sister lives in Celbridge, Co Kildare. I'll speak to her and certainly recommend you if she can get into Dublin. Thanks!:hug:

Latest posts

Back