Any media makeup artists/hairdressers out there?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahc

Reaction score
mods please remove if ive posted in the wrong place ..
my daughter has to take her options next year, she's very artistic/creative and announced last night she'd love to do make up for tv or fashion - i was excited that she'd finally decided on a career and want to encourage her dream as much as possible. however i know the world of media makeup is a very competitive one so want to give her as much support as possible, we are moving next spring and thankfully the local college runs a media makeup course, i see it touches on hair and wondered is it worth her doing hairdressing as well so she has an edge over the competion and also something else to fall back on - or another string to her bow. we have been googling lots of media makeup artists site, and notice many do hair also - so is it best to start with hair at collegeand then do the media makeup at college too .. not sure if you can do 2 seperate course one after the other? or if have to pay in which case as a single parent i will have to start saving now - or could she perhaps do hairdressing and i save for a private media makeup course at one of the big academies in london? i know its a little way off, but she really seems keen and said she wants to start saving for her own kit (she pinches mine at the moment!)
also would love to know - could she make a success of it living in the home counties or do you really have to be based in london to do fashion or tv makeup?
finally she's going to start up a scrapbook with as much info and research as she can - im hoping to take her to next imats and will start teaching her the skills i learnt (currently do bridals) but just wondered is there anything else i can do to encourage her dreams - was thinking getting her makeup lesson with a celebrity mua for her birthday, the london college of fashion also do makeup workshops for teens, also she's old enough to train in face painting (i know different to makeup) but thought she could earn little money when she eventually goes to college
any advise from media makeup artist would be really much appreciated, specially love to know road you took to get to where you are now

I'm not a media makeup artist but my friend is she did beauty therapy nvq level 2&3 then went from there with make upcourses like mac lorela. She's work in loads of different films adverts music videos. Hope this is some help for your daughter x

Miss J on here should be able to give some advice. Perhaps if you PM her she may be able to point you in the right direction.

Latest posts

Back