Any other teachers out there

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

connoisseur

Reaction score
Hi,

First let me say I think this forum is great!!

I'm actually a Primary school teacher by day, but have decided to go into nails as well, mainly because I love learning new skills.

Just wondered if there are any other teachers out there that are also nail technicians.

BTW I have no intention of giving up my day job as I thoroughly enjoy it!!

Amanda

Does it count if I'm a Nail teacher???

Jeni Giles said:
Does it count if I'm a Nail teacher???

I'm afraid on this occasion...no it doesn't count!! :lol:

I'm looking for primary or secondary school teachers

im sure samuel will appreciate that

I'm actually a Primary school teacher by day, but have decided to go into nails as well, mainly because I love learning new skills.

why nails? and not web design? just curious to your choice thats all, so please dont take offence

so why bother? nails aint just a gap filler, it takes alot of hard training, are you sure you would be up for it, and the cost

Peter Pan said:

im sure samuel will appreciate that

why nails? and not web design? just curious to your choice thats all, so please dont take offence

so why bother? nails aint just a gap filler, it takes alot of hard training, are you sure you would be up for it, and the cost

Hi PP

No offence taken to the web design comment; I already do a bit of that anyway, helping to maintain my church's website!!

I realise nails aren't a gap filler AND that it takes hard work AND training AND well aware of the cost. It's all about time management, dedication and organisation, all of which I am well versed. If you take a look at my profile you'll see that.

If I didn't think I could do it, I certainly wouldn't be going there :lol:. I am well of my limits and know when to say no. (that's the personal development coach in me - again see profile)

I only work four days a week so I have Fridays as well as at least three eves a week to do nails, in addition to 13 weeks holiday each year.

I attend a church with over 400 members and being a minister there, I know most of them; thus I have a good customer base to build on (not to mention fellow teachers)

So there you go. My nail course starts on Tuesday (half term!!) and I'm really looking forward to it.

Next question :lol:

Enjoying this muchly!! :)

Amanda

hope it all goes well for you chick x

Hiya hun i was a Teacher and im now a nail tech xx

NailsFrmHeaven said:
Hiya hun i was a Teacher and im now a nail tech xx

Did you leave teaching to become a nail technician or did you do something in between? How long ago did you leave teaching

connoisseur said:
Did you leave teaching to become a nail technician or did you do something in between? How long ago did you leave teaching
Yes i did leave teaching to be a nail tech hun it was nearly 2yrs ago now xx

Im not a primary teacher but an FE teacher and i do both. i teach 3 days a week, work in salon 2 days a week and mobile 1 day and evenings, i get the best of both worlds but like has been said many times before i ahve realised that i cant carry on with both, so hopefully once i ahve my L&P up o scratch and can enhance hands beautifully the teaching can go out of the window.

scattyfox said:
Im not a primary teacher but an FE teacher and i do both. i teach 3 days a week, work in salon 2 days a week and mobile 1 day and evenings, i get the best of both worlds but like has been said many times before i ahve realised that i cant carry on with both, so hopefully once i ahve my L&P up o scratch and can enhance hands beautifully the teaching can go out of the window.

I must admit my ultimate goal is to become a full time professional nail technician.

I do enjoy teaching but I'm also the type of person that likes to get out and about meeting people.

so maybe a good idea would be to go into the education side of things at a later date best of both worlds then

Yeah I guess that would be a logical career move.Definietely the best of both.

Well I'm a Primary Learning Mentor and can't wait to give it all up for nails!!! Just can't wait to start my Creative course on the 24th July. Everyone is so sick of me saying that I can't wait, but I just CAN'T WAIT!!!! I know there is a long road ahead in nails but I have been doing my own nail art on my fingers for years so decided to persue a hobby and hopefully a new career in nails.
Two things I will miss from the school are the kids and school holidays. :cry: But I still can't wait to learn something new.

samiejoe said:
Well I'm a Primary Learning Mentor and can't wait to give it all up for nails!!! Just can't wait to start my Creative course on the 24th July. Everyone is so sick of me saying that I can't wait, but I just CAN'T WAIT!!!! I know there is a long road ahead in nails but I have been doing my own nail art on my fingers for years so decided to persue a hobby and hopefully a new career in nails.
Two things I will miss from the school are the kids and school holidays. :cry: But I still can't wait to learn something new.

Hi samiejoe,

I know what you mean about the things you'll miss.

It seems that everytime a new government legislation is brought in I get further and further away from the teaching aspect of the job :sad:; the whole reason I went into teaching in the first place.

Have you decided when you're leaving or are you gonna see how it goes first?

Amanda

I will be leaving as soon as I feel that I have learnt the basics about nails. So that I have the foundations to set me up into a new a challenging career. But a career that will just be like an extended hobby.
The goverment are laughable with the new and wonderful (not!!) things that they think the children should be doing or staff should be planning about. I work in an inner-city school and the goverment just so havent got a clue about the needs of the children.

Double ditto.

I work in East London and have responsibility for SEN as well. Many of the issues relate to behaviour, but unfortunately at present there aren't that many government backed initiatives available for under 11s.

In a few years time the government will be complaining about the increasing number of young offenders in society, but will they do anything about it now?? Not a chance.

That's my moan over, I'm supposed to be on half term. :rolleyes:

Do you do nails for any fellow staff members or parents

Latest posts

Back