Any recommendations for tutorials on foils please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathair

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good tutorial online for foils.

Ive only done them a couple of times, probably 5. I had two bleeds with the last ones I did, although they were right at the back, you couldnt see them.

Or any advice would be great.

Thank you xxx

not sure of any tutorials but when doing foils apply product in the middle and feather up towards the root, should help with bleeding :)

Make sure the underneath is fully saturated otherwise you'll end up with patchy highlights. A good tip, fold a big flap at the top of the foil, backwards to the outside so there's a dull flap on the shiny side, then fold a smaller one back onto the dull side, place your foil in, paint on the full side, fold it up, don't fold the sides in yet, place your pintail come underneath the large flap you created first, hold the foil at the end and push the comb up really tight, then fold the sides in. This'll ensure your foils locked in if you have any slippage. Really helped me when my foils used to slip.

Thats great advice M & Cams thanks so much. Thanks for going to the trouble to write that for me, I appreciate it xxxx

Ill try it out later on my head block.

K xxxx

Have you tried FreeSalonEducation.com ?

They have some helpful online tutorials.

Thanks AcidPerm, Ill try that.

x

Try using the search function on the forum.

When you apply the colour start a couple of cm from the scalp, and turn your brush more vertical when you work the colour up to the roots so you have less product. If your sections are fine enough you don't need too much product anyway.

Always remember that prelighter will expand and also highlight tints can travel up the hair shaft so you need to be extra cautious about applying too much of them towards the roots.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Fab info, thanks.

Its great to read all of the variations x

Thank you xx

Any tips for speed with the weaving?

Thank you

At the start just focus on getting it perfect, once you have the technique down set a timer on your trolley to help with timing.

If your perfect your technique you will automatically be able to work faster. If you have to fuss around with the foils too much it will slow you down since you are doing more movements, if you can get each fold right the first time the whole process will be smoother.

If you have a block head, use it. Practice as much as possible.

If anyone does need any tutorials just to put it out there on toniandguy.com there is now a steaming service, I think it is £3 per video and you can watch it for three days.

Thanks for the tip x

Thanks for the tip x

Always lift the hair up towards the ceiling and place the foil underneath, then pull the hair downy on to the foil. This will give you the closest root application.

Also cams way is the way I do in the Salon, it's fiddly to start with, but gives a much more secure foil, no sliders!

And then it's just practice practice practice to get your speed.

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back