Any tips on getting more clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heyjude

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering whether any of you could provide some tips for getting more clients? I do lashes. Bought my business last July 2013, started properly after training on 1 Sept 2013. Got made redundant from my part-time job after 14 years and left end of November. I set up my salon from home.

Have put an advert in local paper - no response. Have a facebook page, got a couple of clients. Have done pamphlet drops, nothing. Have gone into local hair salon and did a deal with them for complimentary lashes for referrals, got 2 referrals off them. Been into a couple of gyms - nothing.

I'm feeling quite down. However misguided, I thought that it would be "easy" to get clients. Everyone I spoke to before I bought the business were enthusiastic and thought it was a good "business" and that lashes were very popular. However once I qualified and went back to those people they ALL nodded politely and nothing came of it - I was given false hope!!

Anyway any tips would be gratefully received. Thanks.:sad:

I found putting before and after pics on Facebook really helped, my clients have a said that was what made them contact me... Anyone can say "oooh look at this lovely hair cut I did" but if you can't see what it looked like before I don't think it has the same impact... Also, find any selling pages on Facebook and put ads and offers on there, that really got me a lot of work and I've had tons of recommendations from those clients too. Good luck! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks Lalalaurz I will look into the facebook ads and will get more before and after pics on facebook.

I agree with the above and you need to be posting all the time on your Facebook page and it is worth boosting some posts too, you can choose the area, age group etc and I have found this works for me. You need a good post to boost though so the before and after photos would be a great one to do that with. You really do have to work at it with Facebook but it does pay off if you do.

Make sure you book your clients back in before they leave you too, that builds a good steady business and they can always cancel if they want to. Women are very busy and if you leave it to them to book back in later they just won't get around to it. More regular treatments = great looking lashes all of the time = more referrals!

It is a slow process that all of us have been through but it does pay to keep going. I would maybe think of adding something else to you treatment menu, maybe lash lifting would be a good one as it is in the same field but will catch the clients that haven't got the time or money for the full sets of extensions. :D

thanks for the reassurance and tips Shedunlop

You could always try recommend a friend voucher. Give the voucher to your clients and they can give to their friend. When the friend uses the voucher they get say 15% off and so does the client that recommended them. Goodluck!

You could always try recommend a friend voucher. Give the voucher to your clients and they can give to their friend. When the friend uses the voucher they get say 15% off and so does the client that recommended them. Goodluck!

Hi Jennmarie86 - thanks for your tip. I already do this but do it at 20% off their next visit if they refer a friend and that friend books and has her lashes done. Just working on putting together a "like and share" coupon on facebook. Feel free to check my facebook page out - its www.facebook.com/LL.eyelash.extensions :)

Latest posts

Back