Any tips to help me with massage!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel 2007

Reaction score

Hi. Recently i have been suffering with the pads on my thumbs during and after a massage (they swell up and ache) i have the bed as low as it will go so i dont put to much pressure on to my hands and wrists and work with my elbows where i can do but you do need to use your thumbs say as you go up the spine, i just wondered if anyone had any tips to stop my hands from aching as much?! or any moves anyone could recomend? im obveously putting to much of my body weight onto my wrists even tho im trying not to. x :irked:

start taking some anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen, and also take glucosamine and chronditin and collagen.

Enrol on a hands-free/no hands/injury preventative course, they can be as little as £70.

Last Tuesday I did 8 massages in a day and its due to my hands-free training that I got through it. My body ached a bit the next day but I didn't have swelling or throbbing as such.

when it comes to putting pressure on specific points, try using your knuckles instead. use forearms for sweeping pressure movements, and rather than press your arm down and glide your arm up the back, engage your arm onto the back, then move your BODY up the back - almost like a squat sideways, as your arm will follow your body, but your body weight is doing the movement.

it is difficult to explain.

fozzyo is an injury prevention tutor, so perhaps pm him for some tips.
Its his birthday today, so you may have to wait until tomorrow for a reply!

Thankyou for that i will try it on my mum before i do it on a paying client just to make sure it feels ok! hehe!! thanks again! :)

You can use the bottom of the palm of your hand fingers pointing towards the head to do circles up either side of the spine. :hug:

Latest posts

Back