Anyone attended the CND Shellac course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbroadfoot99

Reaction score
Hi guys. After much thought I have canceled my essential nails course, it hasn't processed yet (what with the bank holidays and such) and I just don't think it's going to work for me.
Tomorrow I'm going to book myself onto the cnd shellac course with sweetsquared this month and think this is the best direction for me if I plan to do this professionally.
One question though, on the site it says you get a kit when training. Has anyone done this training? What did the kit includes and what will I still need to buy? I'm planning on also doing the acrylics course through them too.

Hi there

The 2 day beginners course - which I assume you're referring to is excellent.

The kit supplied includes all your PEP items, a CND UV lamp (although I'm sure I've heard you can pay more to upgrade to the LED lamp, base coat, a few colours and topcoat. I've probably missed some bits as its been over a year since I did that course but it's superb. Enjoy!

Hi there

The 2 day beginners course - which I assume you're referring to is excellent.

The kit supplied includes all your PEP items, a CND UV lamp (although I'm sure I've heard you can pay more to upgrade to the LED lamp, base coat, a few colours and topcoat. I've probably missed some bits as its been over a year since I did that course but it's superb. Enjoy!

Thank you! Yep thats the one. Were there any bits and pieces that didn't come with the set that you would recommend getting? Just trying to think about set up costs :)

Do you get a cuticle pushie? If not in the kit you will need one xx

Thank you! Yep thats the one. Were there any bits and pieces that didn't come with the set that you would recommend getting? Just trying to think about set up costs :)

I did it in August and loved it! You only get miniature versions of Scrubfresh, Nourishing Remover etc so be prepared to buy more of these, and of course more colours too! You'll get cream puff, a pale pink for french, and two other brighter/darker colours. You'll probably also want to buy some of the foil removing wraps, a curette and some plastic backed pads. My educator helped us create a list of all the things we would need to purchase and also other costs to consider, such as insurance. Hope that helps! Xx

I did the Shellac conversion course but I think the items you need are the same. Bits that aren't included in the kit are:
A curette
A cuticle pushie and knife
A small brush
A water trigger spray
Your confirmation letter will also tell you everything you need [emoji5]️ xx

Yeah you get one cuticle pusher in the kit. I upgraded to the led light. And you get some colours: romantique and cream puff (for french), wildfire, tropix. You get a big bottle of cool blue and cuticle away. And small tester bottles of nourishing remover, IPA and scrubfresh. We also got given some couch roll and lint free pads. Enough for starters but you'll definitely want to add more colours pretty quickly. Great course. Im sure you'll enjoy it.

I ahoy all the above and also got lint free pads and remover wraps too x

Thank you guys so much! I'm so excited to get started :) going to phone and book today as I think there back in office :)

Just come across this thread, how did You get on? I'm considering the beginners course myself any info would be much appreciated X

Do you need a mani certificate to be able to get on this course? If so can anyone suggest one p,ease?

Do you need a mani certificate to be able to get on this course? If so can anyone suggest one p,ease?

Not to do the Beginners Shellac course. You can be a complete beginner.

[emoji171]

Not to do the Beginners Shellac course. You can be a complete beginner.

[emoji171]

Will you still need to get the mani certificate to get insurance?

Will you still need to get the mani certificate to get insurance?

You would need to check with your chosen insurer but if you were only offering Gel Polish as a service then it tends to be ok. Majority of insurers wouldn't cover you to offer a manicure or pedicure service as you are not qualified in it.

Latest posts

Back