Anyone been on a cruise?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmaw

Reaction score
Hi has anyone got any advise about going on a cruise? I'm suprising my boyfriend next September for his 30th birthday.
I'm not sure whether to go all out on a carribean cruise or do a mediterranean one for our first time? I'm thinking of booking with royal carribean, they're ships look amazing!
Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hi has anyone got any advise about going on a cruise? I'm suprising my boyfriend next September for his 30th birthday.
I'm not sure whether to go all out on a carribean cruise or do a mediterranean one for our first time? I'm thinking of booking with royal carribean, they're ships look amazing!
Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I went on a carribean cruise 6 years ago with royal carribean, it was amazing and your right the ships are fantastic. the best advise i can think of is if you know someone who has been with royal carribean before then see if they can get you a cheaper deal (they can get offers for been loyal) . We booked ours through my father in law and got it cheaper than i expected. HTH

Brilliant thanks, I shall get asking around then.
Did you stay in a balcony cabin? I'm thinking an inside one maybe to claustrophobic.

Brilliant thanks, I shall get asking around then.
Did you stay in a balcony cabin? I'm thinking an inside one maybe to claustrophobic.

No we were on a inside cabin they are not huge but if there is just the two of you they will be fine we had 2 conecting cabins cause we had our 2 daughters with us. Also there was so much to do on the ship and trips that we were not in the rooms much.

Yeah that's true. Thanks for your help.

I went on a cruise a few years ago. I booked it through an American company and saved a lot of money by using the power of the pound over the dollar.

The pound isn't as strong now (at the time it was $2 to £1) but the theory still works.

Look up how much American companies are selling the cruise for, convert it at xe.com and you'll probably find it's cheaper than what the UK companies are marketing it to you for.

Hey, we got a cruise for my parents last year for their 50th bdays and they loved it! they did a Med one with Royal Carribean too and they said the ship was out of this world, there was just so much to do. we booked them a balcony room and the pictures of them sitting out on the balcony look unreal! but to ne honest I doubt you'd be spending too much time in your room really so se how big the price difference is.. it might not be worth it!
I booked it all myself seperately and got an amazing deal on SmartCruiser — A Discount Cruise Site featuring Discount Cruises and Cruise Deals if you keep an eye on it and your not looking for a specific date then you can get a really great deal!

Went on a Carnival cruise last year, sailing out of Tampa down into the Caribean. It was quite good and I choose it as it went to 4 destinations, 3 of which I hadn't been to so we got a taster to see if we coould want to visit properly or not.

We had a nice cabin with a balcony and it was a nice escape away from things especially sailing out of the ports with a nice glass of something or watching the sun go down! Personally I wouldn't want an inside cabin but I don't think they are particularly claustrophobic.

My Mum used to work for P&O so also did a few closer to home years ago.

I find cruises are like Marmite, you either love them or hate them!

Last edited:
u will love a cruise
i am going to get married on a cruise in march 2011
this will be my 5th cruise.The first 1 i went on was with celebrity which we went to caribbean.All other cruises have been with royal caribbean.I have done another caribbean,canada/new england and hawaii.the people are fab they are ther to please in anyway they can
I have always stayed in a room with a balcony as i find it nice to sit out ther from time to time ie first thing in morning with my pjs on lol my partner likes the balcony aswell as thats wer he sits while waiting on me getting ready.food is top notch.
once u go on a cruise u dont want to go on any other holiday

Latest posts

Back