Anyone been to Lapland?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titch16

Reaction score
Hi geeks, just wondering if any of you have been to lapland & if so when did you go? How was your experience.

We are looking to get married in lapland either dec 2013 or feb 2014. Ideally we will go on a skiing holiday but I love Christmas so would love to go in dec so it all about Christmas and Santa but just worried how short the daylight hours are.

Thanks in advance :) x

Omg I was looking at going there!!! But we wanted to go mid November but there season doesn't start until the beginning of December! Thinking of Disney land Paris instead!

Omg I was looking at going there!!! But we wanted to go mid November but there season doesn't start until the beginning of December! Thinking of Disney land Paris instead!

I got a wedding brochure recently & fell in love with the idea :) x

I went as a child - and it was amazing!!! But I don't really remember that much about it! All I know is after being there I always dreamed of getting married there.

I went as a child - and it was amazing!!! But I don't really remember that much about it! All I know is after being there I always dreamed of getting married there.

I've got my heart set on it now.my partner & I are big Christmas & snow fans so I know we will love it x

I went as a kid. Saw the aura borielas (sp?) and met santa and got frozen nose hair.

Was AMAZING!!!

My sister & her family (hubby, 11 yr old son & 8 year old daughter) went last year for a week.

They loved it, will try & find out which company they went with cause she did loads of research on the high street travel companies which offer the Lapland experience & found that most of the "meet Santa" experiences were in a hotel where you lined up with 50 families to meet him & as for the sledge ride, well that was about 20 mins.

She found a company which organised your family only to travel out on dog pulled sledges deep into the woods to a little cottage, where waiting for you was Santa. He talked to you & the kids for ages about all sorts of things (when you book, you tell them what the kids are doing at school/socially).
Apparently even my 11 yr old nephew was surprised to learn that Santa knew he was swimming for the county, so you can imagine my 8 yr old nieces face when Santa asked how her new little kitten was settling in at home !!

They had a full day out on snowmobiles, go to see the Northern lights etc. They have said it was one of the best holidays they've ever been on & they go on some serious holidays !!
The photos are A.MA.ZING but the hours of daylight are short, think she said about 6 hours on average.

& turns out the price between the high street deals & what she paid was about the same.

My husband won a trip to Lapland with work. It was March when we went and the trip was through a company called Arctic Adventures. I wasn't really looking forward to it because I'm more of warm holiday person and actually wasn't that fussed for going. However, it was the best holiday we have ever had! We went snowmobiling for a day, called at a Husky farm and saw all the little puppies, then rode a husky sled round a track, which was so thrilling, boy can those dogs move! We also went to a Reindeer farm and learnt to drive the sled and got Reindeer driving licences so we were able to help Santa out in an emergency! We had a trip to an ice restaurant full of fantastic ice sculptures and eating dinner with gloves on was very interesting. Then we had an outside disco! And saw the Northern Lights that evening too, it was superb. I think the best bit about the trip was our trip on an Icebreaker (ship) into the Arctic Ocean. That was AMAZING. Cutting through the ice like a hot knife through butter. Then we got the chance to actually swim in the Arctic which was just fab. We all looked a right set of idiots in our special orange, full body dry suits but it was the opportunity of a lifetime. The most boring bit was actually going to see Santa at his Post Office. It was OK but we just found it made us realise that so many families form the UK go to Lapland for the day to see Santa and miss out on all the other amazing things there are to do there.

We went before we had our son and we vowed when he was born that we would definitely take him when he was old enough to be able to do all the things we did as it truly was the most fantastic experience.

Wow cherrybaby that sounds amazing! I'm still searching for the best location in lapland, at the minute I'm looking more at levi x

Latest posts

Back