Anyone do body wraps for home/mobile use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo80

Reaction score
Hi I'm considering undertaking a course in Body Wrapping as I'm quite interested in the Shrinking Violet product, however I'm not sure how this would work for mobile or home therapists, does anyone offer this service?

GlamourEyes11 is mobile with Shrinking Violet, she did my wrap for me :)

xx

you can do SV home or mobile with no problems. the client does not need to shower and no messy bandages. If you look on the SV facebook page you will find your nearest trainer I think it will be a lady called Joy who is lovely, good luck with it x

When you're mobile, what do you do for the hour while the client is lying on the bed with the product on?

Could offer another treatment, maybe a facial at a discounted rate. Could do head/foot/hand massage. Eye treatments also. Otherwise it's a loooong hour :( x

Hi I recently worked with shrinking violet at the manchester beauty show, it is a great product for mobile/home based therapists as it does not require any washing off ;-) your client can get dressed near enough straight away (if applied correctly)

Give them a phone there lovely & will answer any question you have.

This course is on my todo list for early next year x

Hi, I offer body wraps as part of my treatment. To kill the hour I either look 'busy' with my diary but more often I find the client what's to chat.. I haven't found it awkward at all although to get an add on treatment is the best way as ts more money and you're passing the time..

I am mobile and do shrinking violet,it is fabulous! I offer a half price treatment whilst they are on the couch,if they do not want a treatment I am thinking of doing a little reiki practise on them :)

I had a shrinking violet treatment earlier in the year and enjoyed the experience so it's something that I'm definitely looking further into next year. Mine was at a therapist's home salon so she could leave me while it 'worked'. I could hear the kettle going on etc but I found that quite soothing and fell asleep! The idea of offering other treatments at the same time is brilliant. Thanks.

I have a personal interest in body wraps myself hence reading this thread, being the owner of a little too much midriff.

Reading that it takes an hour, it has just struck me that most of my nail treatments take an hour..... but wouldn't it seem a little odd to offer body wraps alongside nail treatments? Apart from the time factor thing, they don't seem to go together, but I would imagine a lot of my clients might be interested.

Do you have to be a qualified beautician to learn to "wrap"?

I know shrinking violet require at least beauty certificate to train lovey x

Amendment: as per below- sorry just reread my email :) x x x

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

Hi. We require a basic beauty cert to train in SV :)

Yes it can be done mobile if the salon conditions are created ie you will need a couch. It is not suitable for pamper parties due to the length of time of treatment and to get the best from the product.

SV is not MLM or party planning as is STRICTLY qualified professional use only due to strength and professional knowledge required :)

Therapists are sometimes offering other treatments during the "cooking" time such as head and shoulder massage/reflexology/facial/file and polish pedicure (the arms are wrapped and covered). This increases profit as time booked out and the client gets extra pampering
HTH xx

Last edited:
Sorry to jump on this thread, but it always suprises me, the amount of therapists that will wrap a client up, or slap a face mask on them, and then leave them on their own!!!! I think that's shocking, if I was that client I would be seriously unimpressed!!! Your client is paying for your time as well as your product, and that hour they are on the bed should be put to good use!

I offer SV as a mobile therapist, and its a long appointment. 2 hours start to finish, though they are only lying down for 1 hour. The rest of the time is spent setting up, measuring, applying the product, wrapping them, unwrapping them, re-measuring and clearing away...It's not easy to do mobile, but I would say I've done about 15 and am getting the hang of it without too much fuss now.

For the hour they're on the bed I do a facial. At the moment I'm running an offer whereby if a client books a course of wraps they get a microcurrent facial with each one. They feel they're getting a bargain because it's a more expensive facial, but for me it's the facial that uses the least amount of product so I'm finalcially better off than I would be offering a manual facial.

I feel with SV, as it's a hot wrap, you need something else going on during that hour to take your mind off the heat. To start with it's ok, but towards the end it can get a little "irritating"..!!

I offer the wrap mobile too and i have an offer of a half price facial or reflexology whilst they are on the couch,if they do not want a treatment then i am going to offer some Reiki for free (i need to practise) but i sometimes find that they like to chat and the hour goes by pretty quickly :)

Yes it can be done mobile if the salon conditions are created ie you will need a couch. It is not suitable for pamper parties due to the length of time of treatment and to get the best from the product.

SV is not MLM or party planning as is STRICTLY qualified professional use only due to strength and professional knowledge required :)

Therapists are sometimes offering other treatments during the "cooking" time such as head and shoulder massage/reflexology/facial/file and polish pedicure (the arms are wrapped and covered). This increases profit as time booked out and the client gets extra pampering
HTH xx

Hi, I'd love to train in shrinking violet, do you have any trainers in the Glasgow area?

Thanks x

I am sure there is a trainer for the Glasgow area,moosebat is the person to speak to on here regarding SV,you won't regret it,it's fab! :)

I hope there is as i've googled till I can't google any more and have came up blank. I have found 1 school, but they do not have any address details on the website and the only contact number is a mobile very so I'm not willing to hand any money over x

Hi,

Yes we have a few trainers dotted around the country. Please email me [email protected] for details :) x

Last edited:
I use Shrinking Violet and I have a home salon without shower facilities. I agree with Bombalurina. I would never leave a client alone for an hour. I offer a reflexology foot massage or a deluxe facial in with the treatment. I figured it all in on the price based on the fact that we are in the middle of a recession and what I know people will pay in my area. It's my most popular treatment and my clients love it. They always comment on the fact that they love how I stay with them throughout the treatment which is something they don't get anywhere else.

HTH xx

Hi, sorry what do you mean by a 'basic beauty cert'?
I know people not beauticians, but say they are trained in brow waxing,who have went on the course or going on the course x

Latest posts

Back