Anyone done an accredited online gel polish man/pedi course & working mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haylz27

Reaction score
Has anyone done a acredited online gel polish man/ped course and now working mobile??? Is this possible without going to collage?

There are no legal requirements in the UK to set up as a nail technician. You can quite literally wake up one morning and decide to start working on clients. However, you can't get insured without an accredited qualification, and you're unlikely to get (and more importantly retain) clients unless you know your stuff.

Clients quickly pick up on poor skills and vote with their feet ie.go elsewhere.

I whole heartedly believe you cannot learn a brand new practical skill via on-line learning, especially something like pedicure, nail extensions, etc. They are practical skills that can be tricky, only actually being shown live, or corrected there and then whilst you train can be mastered.

On-line is fine for skill building, enhancing what is already learned and things like nail art, but basic skill are best in person.

I didn't go to college to do my training, I did it via private individual training academies. I've done various skill builds with various companies and brands, even 1-2-1's with private tutors.

There are plenty of training options but do your research

Has anyone done a acredited online gel polish man/ped course and now working mobile??? Is this possible without going to collage?

Hi, yes I completed an online course via New Skills Academy. It provided me with an accredited certificate when the course was completed. I also found an insurance company called insync that covers me with this qualification on a mobile basis. Before I started up as mobile, I did however keep up my personal training in various ways. I found lots of helpful videos and info on you tube, and I also visited a trainer on the island where I live and she gave me some advice and also checked out some of my handy work for feedback. I have bought many nail training books also, which are great for reference. I do believe that one to one training is the best, as any issues or questions are dealt with early on and I do think one to one training is best, it just wasnt possible at the time that I wanted to start training so I just gave the online course a go and I am glad I did. I am working mobile now, and I absolutely love it and I will continue to increase my knowledge in any way that I can. Hope that helps you in some way 😁

Latest posts

Back