Anyone ex Dermalogica... What do you use now?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think you can criticise Eve Taylor products for having fragrance. It is an aromatherapy range, its going to smell.

It is kind of like criticising us (Moor Spa) for a mask that is a bit muddy, Environ for being a bit heavy with the vitamin A, and Universal Contour Wrap for having too many bandages. :lol:

Funny you should say that because im always coming across posts from people on here saying that (aromatherapy) products are 'far too fragranced'. Theyre aromatherapy based so what do they expect???! That goes for people that have tried both Eve Taylor and Decleor.
I think that some of the people that have said that they think that the products are laced with fragrance to smell pretty!

(btw its not having a dig at the above poster).

Last edited:
Funny you should say that because im always coming across posts from people on here saying that (aromatherapy) products are 'far too fragranced'. Theyre aromatherapy based so what do they expect???! That goes for people that have tried both Eve Taylor and Decleor.
I think that some of the people that have said that think that the products are laced with fragrance to smell pretty!

(btw its not having a dig at the above poster).

Ah, sorry if I've caused offence... Of course I realise an aromatherapy product is going to have a smell. I love my eve Taylor essential oils kit, I'm a high notes lover - lemon, mandarin, grapefruit, etc. Anything uplifting, fruity and refreshing ticks the box for me! :) Sorry again.

Ah, sorry if I've caused offence... Of course I realise an aromatherapy product is going to have a smell. I love my eve Taylor essential oils kit, I'm a high notes lover - lemon, mandarin, grapefruit, etc. Anything uplifting, fruity and refreshing ticks the box for me! :) Sorry again.

Nothing to be sorry about!!! :biggrin:
Everyone has their own prefence on products, I just meant that there are some people that get it into their heads that these products are too 'fragranced'! (basically negative people that are pleased by nothing and find an excuse for everything - you know the type).
I too love high notes - I used to LOVE Satsuma body butter from
The Body Shop! Mmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

I was a Dermalogica therapist for years but wanted a brand that couldn't be bought over the internet and wasn't in every salon.

I wanted to go down the results orientated routine, so chose Environ as they are a cosmeceutical rather than just a cosmetic. We get great results from it.

changed to eve taylor, clients adore it, sooooooo much cheaper to retail. dermalogica moisturisers retail 100ml from about £40. eve taylors are £13 pound something. excellent quality, i have no idea how they are able to make such a quality product without the stupidly high prices but im glad they do. best brand i have ever used and i have used many.

i have no idea how they are able to make such a quality product without the stupidly high prices but im glad they do. best brand i have ever used and i have used many.

They manufacture the products themselves in Peterborough and dont outsource. They use a more basic packaging which doesnt cost them or us loads! Yeah packaging is important but I think that ET packaging is just right, contamination free and in balance with the product!

Some packaging just goes too far in its quirkyness - Dermalogica Chromawhite trx C12 concentrate - great product and great bottle but priced at a level that you have to be uber rich to afford (i dont think myself poor but I cannot afford it) and so it makes you wonder if your paying for the product or the actual packaging??!!!!

They smell great!!!
Some people on here are negative and say that theyre 'so fragranced' buy you must remember that they are blended to function rather than smell pretty! And that goes with all aromatherapy brands.... yes the smell is important and so a factor in their development, but its the synergy of what the oils do to funtion that is the main thing!

It is difficult if you are emotionally attatched to a brand to move away to another as youre gonna feel that anything but that brand falls short...
But its something you must accept if it cannot be!
Look at ET and any other brand with an open mind and see it for what it is in itself, dont compare them and enjoy all the good things about them!

well said i trained with eve taylor and loved it i now use decleor and i cannot fault it the service and the products are fantastic. Both smell amazing and essentail oils penetrate so deeply and treat the skin most creams cant reach, essential oils are amazing.

Eve Taylor is fab, smells gorgeous and only has positive feedback!

I second that! You really cannot go wrong with Eve Taylor skincare. Fantastic professional products - great trade prices for you and retail prices for your clients! No minimum so at least try them!!

Oh God I hope I don't sound stupid:o but i've been reading all your fabulous product advice and i'm definitely going to stock up on Eve Taylor. I am not trained in Aromatherapy so can I still use these products for my facials etc or do you have to be more careful with it i'e pregnant ladies etc ?? I'm so sorry if i sound silly x

Oh God I hope I don't sound stupid:o but i've been reading all your fabulous product advice and i'm definitely going to stock up on Eve Taylor. I am not trained in Aromatherapy so can I still use these products for my facials etc or do you have to be more careful with it i'e pregnant ladies etc ?? I'm so sorry if i sound silly x

Of course you dont sound silly!!

No, you do not need to be qualified in aromatherapy to use the products, (just Level 2+ Beauty therapy).

The facial treatment oils are pre blended and so you need not worry about blending or anything like that.

For pregnant ladies, its suggested that you use the 'safety' products -
So the 'Soothing' cleanser, toner moisturiser' Treatment blend No1. Soothing masque or Bio peel off masque.

The other products should be fine with pregnancy, however if in doubt just use the safety products to cover yourself.

There is a training guid you can buy - the navigator, and training course you can go on too.
Also the facebook page is an invaluble source of info as Marie - the lead educator is always on hand to give advice should you need it.

Great products and excellent support! You'll love it!

Just to update- I did go with Eve Taylor and I LOVE it!!! I would recommend to anyone. My skin is amazing and all my clients love the products as well.

I love Eve Taylor stuff - can't wait for my full training in September but the retail that I do have in at the moment just goes off the shelf as soon it comes in!
They are also great if you phone them for advice or any queries, delivery is fast, products WORK and people get results. What more can you want?

Their facebook page is great too - always super fast answers x

I can`t seem to find the facebook page??

A beauty therapist here in Singapore recommended BioElements, they use similar ingredients as Dermalogica, I love their eye serum. (Find them on the web and Facebook/ Twitter)

Latest posts

Back