Anyone got any Brisa Coloured Gel Recipies?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
Hi everyone:hug:

As a newbie to Brisa, I'm the proud owner of all the Brisa collection including the bold colours, opaque Custom Blending pinks & shimmers.

Could anyone offer me some advise as to how to mix them to produce colours for this winter season - such as like the CND Enamels - like 'Spike',' Masquerade', 'Hyde in the Dark' etc etc.
I have been looking at my colour wheel which came with the Bold kit & it does suggest to 'add black' to make certain colours like burgundy for example - but as we know, there is not a black gel in the kit, or in the world??
I'm assuming the wheel is a 'general' colour wheel.

Has anyone got any recipes for certain colours combinations using the collection of Brisa Gels?

I have a client who suffers from 'Raynauds' and had very bad circulation in her hands. I have tried enamels over her L&P, but because of her condition, we both feel she cannot really get on with enamels, as they will smudge.
I use CND enamels, starting with Stickey, 2 coats enamel, super shiney - also tried Heat Dry, Speedy, & a UV topcoat & Solar Speed Spray.
I think her best bet for quick/immeadiate dry would be to do Brisa on her nails.
Yes, I've got the Minx and she's booked in for that on her toes next appointment, together with her nails rebalancing.

Has anyone any ideas, suggestions or recipes I could have - or direct me to the right source.
I have nothing in my Brisa collections to help me out! Which is much needed as I'm an L&P gal & it's mainly all pre-mixed!!!!

im not a proud owner of the brisa color collection yet, but wanna be, - this isnit a big thing where i work, its still very much pink white - yawn, tho i am getting more clients to wear brisa. i just so want to get these gels in, but think the boss is a tad dubious

I understand in a way where you are coming from Glynnis - I've shied away from 'gel' as a whole.
But having worked with it I cannot beleive how easy Brisa is - coming from an L&P CND gal's point of view.
This particular client has arrived back to me with an almost perfect set of Brisa P&W Custom blends, where she used to turn up with 25% lift!!!!
As a 'Raynauds' sufferer, she has terrible problems with the cold & the heat too & with all my prep & double prep - including the scrubfresh sandwhich - she still had lift - but she had hard brittle, ridged nails - a perfect candidate for Brisa!
Just need some recipie suggestions............please all my geeky friends:hug:
xxxxxxxxxx

Just bumping this one back up xxxxxx

Try 2 parts purple to 1 part red, It gives a great colour, sort of like Spike if you know that colour.

I have also got a great coral colour using 1 part red 1 part orange and a bit of POW (sorry can't be too specific on the white here)

For a free edge natural, try 2 parts semi sheer cool, 1 part clear (sculpting) and a 'cotton wool bud' drop of white (sculpting)

All of these can be 'enhanced' by a coat of any of the shimmers, or by mixing them in the initial mix - hth

Try 2 parts purple to 1 part red, It gives a great colour, sort of like Spike if you know that colour.

I have also got a great coral colour using 1 part red 1 part orange and a bit of POW (sorry can't be too specific on the white here)

For a free edge natural, try 2 parts semi sheer cool, 1 part clear (sculpting) and a 'cotton wool bud' drop of white (sculpting)

All of these can be 'enhanced' by a coat of any of the shimmers, or by mixing them in the initial mix - hth

Thank you Adele - you're a fabulous lady - did anyone ever telll you that btw!?:hug::hug:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you Adele - you're a fabulous lady - did anyone ever telll you that btw!?:hug::hug:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They have, but they have all been quite mad:green:

They have, but they have all been quite mad:green:

Well - you met me - so you obviously now can be classed as knowing me too!
Mad & Hatter are in the same sentence!:lol:

Just thought I'd bump this up to see if anyone else has any recipie suggestions xxxxx

i came to the same point several years ago.. you may have a full colour chart of enamels or gel, but noone suits you at the moment. then i`ve entered the special course called Chromatics for the painters in a local University . That changed everything. For now on i have only 5 types of gel, all natural chart (8 colors) ov color uv gels and about 20 bottles of enamels. And a very important a piece of glass ( 10 by 10 cm). You put a red dot of uv gel and then add a bit of yellow or whatever.. I can get any of the known color in the world in seconds. oh yeah.. i mix them with a special metal blade. do not try brush.
It was so good so i have opened my own training course on Chromatics in Nail art.
Try by yourself, it is easy:!:

PS. by the way. there are black uv gels as well :)

no, i mean mixing gels to gels and enamels to enamels separately..
black uv gel does Mosaic . i used to work with different products form Young`s to Star nails.. i came to mosaic finally.. quality- perfect, price - perfect.. but acrylic from Nfu.Oh :)

Try this, using a cocktail sticks pick up a small amount each of red and green and mix to give a brown.

Now mix equal parts of red and orange (I use a pushie scoop full for each measure, scraped out with a chisel) and then gradually add your brown mix (in tiny amounts) and you will get colours ranging from a sort of tomato soup colour (sorry nearest I could describe) through to a lovely rich brick colour.

Adding white (in very tiny quantities at a time) really does add a range of colours)

Happy mixing :)

Thanks Adele - your a great help hun
xxxxx

i just recently did the brisa gel course and love it bu i am so confused about this mixing thing to get the coloured gels. other companies do gel pots in various different colours so is this not an easier way than mixing all the time? what happens if client wants same colour again and you have to mix again surely it wont come out exact same shade? sorry for hijacking thread! :)

I have a client that always wore "OPI's Yucantan if you want" so I mix 3 parts red to 1 part green then I add an equal amount of white and a dab of purple and she loves it.

Mastiffmom
CND Grand Master

i just recently did the brisa gel course and love it bu i am so confused about this mixing thing to get the coloured gels. other companies do gel pots in various different colours so is this not an easier way than mixing all the time? what happens if client wants same colour again and you have to mix again surely it wont come out exact same shade? sorry for hijacking thread! :)
It is a bit like polish though you could end up with loads of pots of gel that are hardly if ever used.

I keep an note of each 'recipe' and for those that are most popular I do mix up a batch and keep in a spare pot. - HTH:)

Mix on the backing paper that your Clear Performance Forms come on.

When you have finished applying, pop the paper in to the lamp to cure then remove inhibition layer.

Write which mix you used on the paper and client's name.

Attach to client record card or file, etc.

Next time mix again on same piece of paper to ensure exact shade. (It is really very easy and quick to get the exact same shade again using this method)
HTH.

Mix on the backing paper that your Clear Performance Forms come on.

When you have finished applying, pop the paper in to the lamp to cure then remove inhibition layer.

Write which mix you used on the paper and client's name.

Attach to client record card or file, etc.

Next time mix again on same piece of paper to ensure exact shade. (It is really very easy and quick to get the exact same shade again using this method)
HTH.

Tried it this week and showed another couple of clients the colours I had blended, cured and filed away and they both chose one of the previously mixed shades, so it looks like I can build up my own colour range to offer in this way, thanks.

Latest posts

Back