Anyone Got The New Nintendo Wii??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Freckles~

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone got the new nintendo wii yesterday?
we got ours, and although i'm not agaming console fan, i must say its fantastic!!!!!

no, but would love it, looks brilliant

I want one too
<stamps feet

Im trying to get hold of one but they are sold out everywhere!!:cry:

don't think the shops are getting them in til after christmas now.
ebay have them but at ridiculously high prices. we bought ours for £279 which includes a game and one controller....this pakage is selling for nearly £500 in some ebay auctions!!
we got a few of the other games too, it is so cool! you should definitely get one when you can

If they are the games things with the long leads you hold and move about to play nintendo have recalled a lot because they keep breaking>it was on the news this morning so best wait anyway.

If they are the games things with the long leads you hold and move about to play nintendo have recalled a lot because they keep breaking>it was on the news this morning so best wait anyway.
Evidently its just the wrist strap but it is important but effects all.They will change it.

in one of the papers the other day they were showing al the accidents people have been having....black eyes, controllers through the windo etc!

knowing what i'm like when i play on it its no wonder people get black eyes! i'm a demon when playing baseball!!!!

thanks for the link!
i bought a pink cover for my controller the other day, it came with a pink strap so i'll double up and put that on...i should be safe with 2 straps!

i really want one too.... ive asked for it for crimbo... but i v much doubt ill get it.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

maybe once the 'storm' has calmed ill get one myself next yr... sometime..

Jess
xox

OMG! Oldish thread I know but still!!!

I have a Wii!!!! I pre-ordered mine donkeys ago for the first release date! (I'm a gaming (Nintendo) fanatic!!!) Brother got it for me as an early birthday present! :)

So did anyone get it at the end???

Not many games out atm but the Wii sports you get with it is fantastic! It's such a family fun game as well as just for one person!

My family are very unhealthy and LAZY! But it so good that we ALL get up and play boxing (god my arms ached the next day!), tennis, bowling etc. They also do a mini health & stamina check with this game and calculate the outcome and judging by your stamina and reflexes, tell you your fitness age (Umm... my first age was... *cough*65*cough*).

You get another game called Wii Play if you buy an extra remote, this is great fun too becuase it involves your Mii alot! (You design yourself on the wii!)

Zelda - PHWAR!! YWAR! PHWAR!!!! (My sword action sound effects!) Great adventure game for any Zelda fan or beginner!

Red Steel - Hated it. And with my obvious liking of sword sound effects above, I was looking foward to it! But it was a let down.

Super Monkey Ball - Another family fun game with tons of mini games!

And this whole hoo-har with the wrist strap - My sister and friend have gone a bit crazy sometimes but I think it's a nice safety precaution in case the remote could go flying, but it's never happened and their still attached.

Injury list - To the remotes mainly - my sis is just a health hazard! She needs too much space! Couple of knocks to the wall behind her when playing tennis (tells you a bit about her swing action!)

And she bashed my knee with the remote but that's it.

Online Feature - OMG - one of the reasons I wanted the wii!! Apart from playing other people online, you can download Nintendos old games from the Nes, Snes, Sega & N64 (Think there may be a couple more) anyway, you can have all your favourite games on 1 console and you can play all your Gamecube games on your wii too!

I haven't got myself online yet, after nearly 4 hours of manually setting up on wii and finding and coding in IPs, ISPs, DNS' etc - I found out I needed Broadband!! I HAVE DIAL-UP!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anyway, I would defo recommend it! And sorry I went on and sounded like a review!

xx

I still haven't got one :(

But I soooooo want one!

Obvously santa didn't think I was good enough last year! lol

i'm totally hooked on mine!
anyone would think i'm a sales person trying to flog them! as soon as anyone walks in my house i start giving them a demo on how fab it is!!!!

Dying to get one but they're always sold out, hopefully soon though as looks brilliant

Zelda - PHWAR!! YWAR! PHWAR!!!! (My sword action sound effects!) Great adventure game for any Zelda fan or beginner!

i got the twillight princess for my gamecube... its a wikced game like all the Zelda series!

I got one for my 10 year old son Jake, he was well chuffed christmas day, he had no idea!
We have been trying to get hold of the Wii play & remote but can't get hold of it and I refuse to paid ebay prices.
But anyway the Wii is fantastic, especially when you have friends round. I really want super mario but they have'nt given a release date yet.

We finally got one yesterday, all of us have been playing the sports game which is great fun, but unfortunately we're all in agony this morning with sore arms, backs, bums, how unfit we must be!

Latest posts

Back