Anyone had a bad spray tan???????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisaloveliness

Reaction score
I had a spray tan done last week and it was awfull
really sticky initially the colour went nice, i no the heat dosnt help but when i sweated it run terrible ive neva had 1 so bad

Ive scrubbed my skin red to try and get it off and its just patchy

I dont want to name and shame as it could be the weather but has anyone else experienced a bad one??

The fact that you were sweaty is probably the cause of the patchiness. I find my spray tans are not drying as quickly at the mo so I'm having to blast them with air to get it to dry!!!! Therefore I don't think it's the person who applied it that did anything wrong at all. I have been advising my clients to take it easy for the following 12 hours and avoid getting sweaty if possible as it WILL make it go patchy.

Yes well i was hoping this was the case she did dry me as it was going on but the heat has really effected it

go swimming...for about 5 hours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry not much help am i !

Hope it wears off quickly for you.

Amb x

hi lisa

i had a bad spray tan a year or so ago st tropez, the application was fine just me i think she told me to dry for 10 mins afterwards turning around etc put on some loose clothes and paid well it was p****** down with rain that day (just my luck) and the salon girls sheltered me with an umbrella to my car, when i got home omg what a mare it was all running and was drying with runs and very patchy, so i called the salon and they said to come down straight away and they would reapply it, they did it was a lot better but still not as i would have liked it, so as minkus said i just went in the pool for a while each day and gradually it started to fade, that was my bad experience !! but im sure it my fault/ weather ? i would have another one though x x

jules x

I gave Sean a tan last week when it was really hot and humid. Normally he turns out perfectly, but as I was spraying him the sweat was just running down him and the tan was barely drying - it turned out dreadful the next day! The poor bloke had to put up with all sorts of comments from the guys at work! It had to be the heat and the sweat as normally he can tell them he's been to Barbados for the weekend and get away with it. :lol: It's really put me off applying tans in this dreadful heat we've been having.

Jackie

I had a spray tan done a few weeks ago, it was absolutely fine dried well the 1st few days the colour was great looked amazing i was so happy but as it started coming off it was so patchy i looked like a had a major skin problem. I do think it was the heat though where i was sweating so bad because at 1st it was great when it wasnt as hot. :lol:

Poor you!

To really shift that remaining colour, try covering yourself in proper thick oil (not body oil....something like olive or vege oil will do the trick) and allow it to soak in for 15-20mins. This will soften and allow you to slough off any dead skin (which will be hanging on to the tan) in a warm shower with a sisal mitt.

hth

I thought you did your own spraying Lisa??

Latest posts

Back