Anyone had a colonoscopy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww you will be fine hun x x x

Last edited:
Hey honey

I has a colonoscopy about fourteen years ago when i was 17. Back then i was given an enama (sp?!?) anywho that was by far the worst part. The actual colonoscopy i wasnt really aware of as i was so tired and had had a local anaesthetic. I slept for hours afterwards too!

Best bit of advice is relax iykwim ;)

Good luck honey x x x

Thanks ladies! What really is scaring me it I had a 8cm cyst on my left ovary. Turned out to be borderline cancerous. I had my left ovary and tube removed. Also had endometriosis, was due to get a full hysterectomy last year but i fell pregnant with my daughter! I know it's hard not to worry but have been today. Getting a smear on Monday too!!

Thanks ladies! What really is scaring me it I had a 8cm cyst on my left ovary. Turned out to be borderline cancerous. I had my left ovary and tube removed. Also had endometriosis, was due to get a full hysterectomy last year but i fell pregnant with my daughter! I know it's hard not to worry but have been today. Getting a smear on Monday too!!

Aww you poor thing, that's awful,so pleased you had yr daughter that must of been a nice surprise as I no endrometrosis can make it hard
To fall pregnant

Xxxx

Aww you poor thing, that's awful,so pleased you had yr daughter that must of been a nice surprise as I no endrometrosis can make it hard
To fall pregnant

Xxxx

Yeah was very surprised, a nice surprise after having 2 boys. Have to stay and think positive.

XxX

All the very best xx

Hi Chezza

I just read through this thread (some of it did make me chuckle) and just wanted to say I hope all went ok and you had the results you were hoping for xxxx

I have had 2 colonoscopys, one when i was in my teens which they put me to sleep for and one in my late 20's.

The first one when ok, but found a lump, they removed half it and it turned out to be non cancerous, but was told that if my symtoms started again i had to have another colonoscopy as my body is prone to producing lumps and polips inside my bowel and they would have to remove them just in case they were cancerous.

The second time was horific, I natually have a high tollerance to painkillers, LA, sedation and GA (it takes 4/5 injections to put me to sleep!) and made the nurse aware of this.

The sedation I was given didnt work, neither did the pain relief I told the nurse and doctor they did nothing, I was fully aware of what was going on and the had a big tv screen showing everything going on inside.

While taking biopsys and removing any lumps they nipped the lining of my bowel too much and was left in sever pain and with an infection, which left me unable to work for 18 months due to problems with my bowel caused by the colonoscopy.

I really hope that I never have to go through another one again!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back