Anyone had the coil fitted?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LocksOfLove

Reaction score
Am I supposed to be in agony?

Sorry to be crude!!!

Went to see the gynocologist this morning who has put the coil in I was supposed to be put under general for this due to a heart condition but was told I'm not well enough for general so they put it in under local (total of 9 tiny injections 'down there' to numb it) rather then a gel due stop any pain to not put my heart under any stress. This seemed to have now worn off and I'm in agony! I don't know whether this is normal he didn't really say anything apart from I might get a bit of discomfort but I'm actually in a lot of pain! I took 2 co codamol around 2 hours ago 30mg/500mg so really strong. No luck. I get a lot of chest pain and no way near as bad as this lol! I don't know whether to leave it a bit. Has anyone had this put in? I don't know what to expect? I don't know anyone who has had it.

Thanks! Xxx

I'll pm you x

I've had it done twice, first time I barely felt it, second time a lot of pain and felt quite poorly for a good few hours after and cramps like bad period pain for a few days. If in doubt though ring the surgery back up and get seen, you can't be too careful. Hope you feel better soon xx

I had it too- nightmare!!! Couldn't wait to get the bloody thing out!!

Yes I had terrible cramping after mine was fitted, I was in tears. On a good note though I very rarely get period pains anymore and if I do they are dull. Mines been in 3 years now, 7 more to go xx

My sister had hers done last week. She was taking tramadol for 2 days n was in agony. She seems okay now! I'm having the implant fitted next week, bit scared about that tbh!

My sister had hers done last week. She was taking tramadol for 2 days n was in agony. She seems okay now! I'm having the implant fitted next week, bit scared about that tbh!

I had implant too- again a nightmare!
Lol

I had one fitted a few years ago but didn't like it as I bled quite heavily each month but don't remember having any pain and it was put in with no anaesthetic, it was just like getting a smear done. x

I had a mirena put in 2months ago and had terrible period pains on that day and every time I spot I get horrible period pains. Along with alot of other problems from it, Iv booked in to have mine out in 2weeks time. They are more hassle than they are worth imo xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had a mirena fitted a year ago. Mine was done under a general as I needed a hysteroscopy and polyps removed. Only had a bit of discomfort after with a bit of cramping. I am not sure what I think about it as it has really reduced the amount of blood each month but every other month I seem to have a period that will last three weeks on and off.

I had this fitted quite a few yrs ago with no anaesthetic ..!!! ... It hurt ALOT being fitted and cramps were extremely painful for 2 - 3 days after.
I Had it removed within a yr as it didn't suit me ... !!!

I have quite a high pain threshold too ... !!!!

(On the other hand I had the depo injections for 11 yrs and I loved it, really suited me but could not stay on this any longer ... !!!)

Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I've had one too, and I was in alot of pain for the first day and then mild cramping for a few days after.

Hope u feel better soon. If it's any consolation I loved mine so was worth it, it was my favourite contraceptive actually and I've had them all!

I'm pregnant just now but when the baby arrives I won't hesitate to have another fitted! X

I had the coil about 5 years ago as emergency contraception.

Scarred me for life lol.

For a start I was so scared anyway, id never even had anyone medical look at my bits before!!

But I had it fitted which was pretty uncomfortable but then my blood pressure went down, i literally felt like i was having contractions and I was so close to passing out. Was horrible.
But turns out my body rejected it as soon as the lady put it in :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had the coil about 5 years ago as emergency contraception.

Scarred me for life lol.

For a start I was so scared anyway, id never even had anyone medical look at my bits before!!

But I had it fitted which was pretty uncomfortable but then my blood pressure went down, i literally felt like i was having contractions and I was so close to passing out. Was horrible.
But turns out my body rejected it as soon as the lady put it in :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've had swabs but never a massive 6 foot Mr gynocologist man, 1 female nurse and a male trainee giving me injections and shoving something up my Minnie.

Didn't expect it to be fitted in today I could have at least had some notice so I could have been all tidy down there! LMAO!

:) it's still painful now been prescribed tramadol which was eased it so I can at least walk. What we go through eh!? :) thanks guys xxx

Oh good lord! Please elaborate!

Lol basically the implant caused my periods to come every two weeks and last a week. This went on for over a year, despite their assurance that it would settle down! there was many a trip to the clinic in that time- each consisting of me begging various nurses and doctors to remove the damn thing and them refusing! Until finally- I put my foot down with them and it was gone (breaths sigh if relief).

Still, when I had the coil fitted I was taking tablets daily to stop my constant period which lasted 3 mths!! I said this defeats the bloody purpose...I may as well take the pill lol!!!

Oh good lord! Please elaborate!

I've had the implant and it made me constantly bleed, every day. Total nightmare! Had to take the pill with it to stop the bleeds which kinda defeats the object really xx

Just sneezed - holy cr*p that's made it hurt again!

I've had the implant and it made me constantly bleed, every day. Total nightmare! Had to take the pill with it to stop the bleeds which kinda defeats the object really xx

I'm on the combined pill ATM n have been on for 3 weeks (fed up is an understatement) so thought I'd try the implant as they said the coil is only suitable for women who have been through a pregnancy... What we women do hey!

I'm on the combined pill ATM n have been on for 3 weeks (fed up is an understatement) so thought I'd try the implant as they said the coil is only suitable for women who have been through a pregnancy... What we women do hey!

U can have a coil if u haven't had a baby but I think it hurts more. I had it after I had my son and it still hurt!!

Latest posts

Back