Anyone heard of ICON UV/LED polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouPink

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had heard of this product and if so, what do you think, any good? Thanks

Icon polishes were at Olympia.
Looked like gelish kind of polish.
Nice variety of colours and seemed to be a good price.

They looked pretty usual to apply - if you're used to using gelish etc.

I've a leaflet about it somewhere in my Olympia pile :)

I bought the kit at PB in Manchester, just had it for a week and loving it. ;). I am trained in Shellac and I am looking forward to doing my Icon training as well.

My sister bought the kit at the show at Manchester other weekend and it included training which I'm going to do along with her. It's a good price only costing me £20! Obviously it's no equipment and if I was to go self employed I need to buy separate insurance. But for the half a day training and a certificate at the end all for £20 is a good price! But I haven't heard of the products or company so I am looking forward to it. Xx

I think is a good price

Hi Guys,

I too bought the kit from PB last week but couldnt find much on the Internet or on here so was starting to panic but really glad now you guys have replied.

Would be great to share experiences with the product, colours we like, etc.

I only bought the student kit as just starting out with gel polish. Do you know where I can find out about the training on the internet?

Thanks again guys x

It is a relatively new product, I have tried to do some research, and as far as I can find out, it is by Cuccio. My credit card receipt told me this. Not sure why there seems to be two products by the same company, Icon gel polish and Cuccio Veneer, they do say exactly the same things about the products, but Icon is selling for a lower price and more in the bottle. If you want to find out about training contact beauty-sale, and I am sure they will help. I am very impressed with this product as I have been wearing it for a week and also been doing treatments and it hasn't affected my polish. I find Shellac will loosen when I am applying the products. I removed one nail to try a french polish and it came off really easily just filed the shine off first.

Hey, i bought the full kit which included all 24 colours but they've just brought 12 new colours out too, not sure what they are though. I absolutely love icon, bought the kit as Im planning on going mobile but we use Jessica at the spa where i work and icon is so much better in my opinion! Really love the fact you can custom mix colours and the fact it is so much more cost effective too! X

hey geeks i have just purchased Icon From beauty sale I can not wait for it to come!! Excited!!! Does anybody have any pics??

Leah 😄

Cucchio veneer and Icon are the same product from the same compay, what Im guessing is Icon is on their internet Beauty Sales site, with a low grade packing, and the cuccio venner, is higher class delux packing and comes with compete range of products, I have used both, and they are lush.

Livvy - just back after time off, went Olympia and starting nails again

We have been stocking Icon Gel Polishes for over a month now and our customers love it - so do we! It goes on really easily, great coverage, no shrinking, no chipping. They can be purchased from our website :biggrin:

www.miss-silver.co.uk

We have been stocking Icon Gel Polishes for over a month now and our customers love it - so do we! It goes on really easily, great coverage, no shrinking, no chipping. They can be purchased from our website :biggrin:

www.miss-silver.co.uk

What's it like soaking off? Do you need to buff the nails prior to application?
Thanks

I removed this product on a client just before Christmas. Buffed the shine off, soaked & buffed for a good half hour & in the end just buffed it right down like I would a hard gel product, it just wouldn't shift by soaking. Client was happy & nails are ok but does anyone know the proper removal? It seemed like an awful product from my one experience :(

I removed this product on a client just before Christmas. Buffed the shine off, soaked & buffed for a good half hour & in the end just buffed it right down like I would a hard gel product, it just wouldn't shift by soaking. Client was happy & nails are ok but does anyone know the proper removal? It seemed like an awful product from my one experience :(

Did you use the icon remover? As it does make a big difference for me. I find it comes off within ten mins usually and i have used it quite alot. My clients absolutely love it and so do i x

Did you use the icon remover? As it does make a big difference for me. I find it comes off within ten mins usually and i have used it quite alot. My clients absolutely love it and so do i x

No, I'm intrigued! I didn't know what she had on till I got there & I used acetone. The application was not perfect so I suspect that was part of the problem too...

Xx

Ah i see! It has nourishing oils in it aswell as acetone which seems to really help remove it. I've never had a problem with it so far at all, I've been trained in it since September , one of my clients manages to keep hers on for a month without any chips etc. Re removal you did right, just buff shine off, break the seal on free edge and wrap up in remover and foil xx

Ah i see! It has nourishing oils in it aswell as acetone which seems to really help remove it. I've never had a problem with it so far at all, I've been trained in it since September , one of my clients manages to keep hers on for a month without any chips etc. Re removal you did right, just buff shine off, break the seal on free edge and wrap up in remover and foil xx

Hi Louise,

What do you mean by break the free edge if u dont mind me asking? I use Icon gel polish and love it too but my removal seems to take a while. I use the proper remover and buff shine beforehand. Maybe if I break the free egde like you do it will come off a bit easier. Can't believe how long it lasts, I had my last colour on for over a month!

What are your favourite colours? I only got a starter kit and am looking to buy a couple more.

Thanks

Louise

Hi Louise,

What do you mean by break the free edge if u dont mind me asking? I use Icon gel polish and love it too but my removal seems to take a while. I use the proper remover and buff shine beforehand. Maybe if I break the free egde like you do it will come off a bit easier. Can't believe how long it lasts, I had my last colour on for over a month!

What are your favourite colours? I only got a starter kit and am looking to buy a couple more.

Thanks

Louise

Hi Louise, i may have just worded it wrong but what i mean by that is if you just file over the free edge of the nail it breaks the polish which has been capped and therefore helps the removal process, or it does in my experience anyway! :)
As for the colours i haven't gotten round to purchasing the 12 brand new ones yet, i just have the original 24. Out of them though i love Strawberry Cream, Hot Pink, Iced Peach (especially one thin coat over another colour) Urban, Coral Reef. They're the favourites off the top of my head for me personally. How many colours does the starter kit include?

HTH, Louise
x

Hi Louise, i may have just worded it wrong but what i mean by that is if you just file over the free edge of the nail it breaks the polish which has been capped and therefore helps the removal process, or it does in my experience anyway! :)
As for the colours i haven't gotten round to purchasing the 12 brand new ones yet, i just have the original 24. Out of them though i love Strawberry Cream, Hot Pink, Iced Peach (especially one thin coat over another colour) Urban, Coral Reef. They're the favourites off the top of my head for me personally. How many colours does the starter kit include?

HTH, Louise
x

Thanks for your quick reply Louise, great to hear from other people who use this product. So many posts about Shellac and Gellish. The colours I have already are pink and white for french, Rock Chick, Cosmopolitan, Siren and a red. I often use glitters over the top too to create a different effect. I have heard other good things about Iced Peach so may go for that one and would love a dark blue, maybe raven, although thats mainly for me to wear!
If you dont mind me asking do you have a lot of clients for the gel polish? I am just starting out with paying customers (have done loads on family and friends) but am finding it hard drumming up business. Have created a facebook page but then someone in the same area as me is doing Shellac for £5 so finding it hard to compete!

may go for that one and would love a dark blue, maybe raven, although thats mainly for me to wear!
If you dont mind me asking do you have a lot of clients for the gel polish? I am just starting out with paying customers (have done loads on family and friends) but am finding it hard drumming up business. Have created a facebook page but then someone in the same area as me is doing Shellac for £5 so finding it hard to compete!
Yes I've done my rockstar nails alot with it too. there's a dark blue called midnight Blue which is really nice. I've got a picture on my Facebook page. Although it has got a lightening bolt over it lol. Www.Facebook.com/enchantednailsandbeauty22 i have quite a few different colours on there :) Im actually in pretty much exactly the same situation as you atm, i have one lady as competition in my area and she charges 9.99. Although i haven't properly started advertising yet so hoping I'll be able to get alot more business when that happens x

Hi,

Just came across this thread. I have taken over certain areas for Cuccio and will be doing open days at my training salon so that you can ask questions, test out veneer, get great soak off results etc. It is free as it will be of benefit to you if you haven't got full knowledge. My areas that I cover are the North East, York, Harrogate & Bradford postcodes. Please PM me if you are interested in a 1 to 1 with me, I'm happy to help.

Latest posts

Back