Anyone live in Derby

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelley Clarke

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking at houses in Derby at the moment and was wondering if there are any geeks on here from Derby or nearby. Really wanted to know what the place is like shopping, schools any good for nails etc.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

Shelly

I work in the outskirts of Derby at the mo. It is undergoing a very big development re: shopping centre now.
Derby is a fab city.
Is it the city centre your looking at or somewhere else, as I could ask my collegues who live around there to tell me their honest opionion off where you are looking at.
Hope this can help,
XXX

I used to live in Derby until I went to Norway 7 years ago, I'm just back in a village 20 minutes outside. I cant comment on schools but its good for shopping and I was amazed at the level of regeneration going on in the city center. Much nicer than it used to be IMO. :)

I work in the outskirts of Derby at the mo. It is undergoing a very big development re: shopping centre now.
Derby is a fab city.
Is it the city centre your looking at or somewhere else, as I could ask my collegues who live around there to tell me their honest opionion off where you are looking at.
Hope this can help,
XXX

Thanks for that. Looking at Mackworth area, we do have friends in Alvaston but just wanted to get other peoples views of the area.

Thanks again.

Shelley

Mackworth is my side of Derby, its apparently nice there :) I used to live in Alvaston but was put off of moving back there having been warned off the schools by friends. Chellaston has a very good school but its over subscribed I think but thats also a nice area.

We moved outside of Derby in to the catchment area for QWEGS school in Ashbourne so we could send the kids there and so far its been really good.

if schools is your main area of concern hy not have a look at the gov website for schools?
Thanks for that. Looking at Mackworth area, we do have friends in Alvaston but just wanted to get other peoples views of the area.

Thanks again.

Shelley

Thanks everyone.

Shelley

r u happy and satisfied know ?

Latest posts

Back