Anyone taken a spray tan gun on an aeroplane?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiv

Reaction score
Hiya,

I'm away for my friends wedding in Cyprus soon. my friend and her friends and family want me to spray tan them before the wedding as we will only be there 2 days before hand which (for me anyway!) is not enough time to get a real tan.

I can't find anything online about the rules on taking the machine and can't see if it's been done before.

I'm worried about damage to the machine, the weight of it (I think I have the TS20 model) and just in general not sure if I would get stopped.. It won't fit in hand luggage with my other electricals..

Has any one else done this? And what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance

I am not so sure it's such a great idea....do your family and friends know the hassle you will through to get the machine out there? What about the extra baggage costs you will more than likely have to pay too?

If it was me I would look into a local beauty salon in Cyprus that does spray tans! Google it and see what's available.I think you are a really good friend offering to do this. X

I agree with @sallysally on this one. Depending on who you're flying with, I think the weight alone will add a considerable expense to the meagre baggage allowance.

Also, have you seen the way the baggage handlers throw the cases about? What if it gets damaged? Personally, I wouldn't risk it, especially as you need it for work.

If they really want it done by you can you not ask one of them to take it on as their hand baggage allowance.

Thanks for your replies,

I have found a local beauty salon close by but they have not responded to my messages yet..

I think I will leave it behind.. Thanks again xx

A good option that I use when I go away is the St Moritz aerosol. It gives fab results as an 'emergency' back up.

I always take that and a mitt to pat the excess and it looks lovely.

Sunescape has got a fantastic Tanning Mousse that is easy to apply and looks as if you had a spray tan

Do you mean that the wedding is 2 days after they arrive? Can you just not spray them the day before they leave? Any decent tan should last at least 4 days?

I got married in Cyprus and you have to be out there at least a week prior to getting married for legal reasons.....that should be long enough to get a nice tan?

I got married in Cyprus and you have to be out there at least a week prior to getting married for legal reasons.....that should be long enough to get a nice tan?
If that was me with my skin I could go away for a year and still need a spray tan first :D

I do tan but not as dark as I'd like, perfectly normal to want to spray whilst away, especially for a wedding.

Oh yes I'm not stating that it's not normal as appreciate some people don't tan and so therefore would like a tan. I was just pointing out that you had to be over there approx a week prior to wedding legally.
I guess it would just be worthwhile to have trial of spray tan beforehand if you haven't been tanned before at that salon esp for you wedding.

Latest posts

Back