Bikini Model Tan (Competition Tan)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Severnrose

Reaction score
Hi, I have never done a competition tan before (bodybuilding / bikini model) however I am tanning a friend at the weekend for hers. I’m a confident spray tanner but am fully aware that the process is a little different! There are 3 things I’m thinking about and wondered if anyone could advise:

1. Do I still apply barrier cream to the usual areas?
2. I don’t normally spray under boobs but this will definitely be on show on stage - do I ask her to lift her boobs up before tanning her chest area?
3. She said the last lady who tanned her, asked her to bend forward and part her bum cheeks ….. if this is necessary I guess I need to do this before tanning her bum cheeks / back of legs?!
4. Do you dry under boob / smile lines before moving on to the next area?

If you have any other tips for tanning those areas that would be fab. I am so used to doing natural looking tans that I’m nervous about leaving white areas because the competition tan is so dark!!

Thanks guys

Hi, I have never done a competition tan before (bodybuilding / bikini model) however I am tanning a friend at the weekend for hers. I’m a confident spray tanner but am fully aware that the process is a little different! There are 3 things I’m thinking about and wondered if anyone could advise:

1. Do I still apply barrier cream to the usual areas?
2. I don’t normally spray under boobs but this will definitely be on show on stage - do I ask her to lift her boobs up before tanning her chest area?
3. She said the last lady who tanned her, asked her to bend forward and part her bum cheeks ….. if this is necessary I guess I need to do this before tanning her bum cheeks / back of legs?!
4. Do you dry under boob / smile lines before moving on to the next area?

If you have any other tips for tanning those areas that would be fab check out brazilian thong bikinis. I am so used to doing natural looking tans that I’m nervous about leaving white areas because the competition tan is so dark!!

Thanks guys
Hey there,

1. Yes, applying barrier cream to areas like elbows, knees, ankles, and palms is still essential even for competition tanning. It helps prevent excess absorption of the tanning solution in these areas, resulting in a more even tan.
  2. Absolutely, lifting the boobs to ensure even coverage underneath is crucial, especially since they'll be on display during the competition. Make sure to ask your friend to hold them up or assist her in doing so to ensure you can tan the entire chest area evenly.
  3. It's common practice in competition tanning to ask individuals to bend forward and part their bum cheeks to ensure complete coverage. Before tanning the bum cheeks and back of legs, it's advisable to have your friend assume this position to achieve uniform color distribution.
  4. Drying under the boob and smile lines before moving on to the next area is a good idea. It helps prevent streaks or unevenness in the tan, ensuring a smooth and flawless finish.
In addition to these tips, make sure to use a high-quality competition tanning solution and to apply it evenly and smoothly. Take your time to ensure thorough coverage, especially in areas that are more challenging to tan. And don't forget to communicate with your friend throughout the process to ensure her comfort and satisfaction with the results.

Latest posts

Back