Anyone train with The Beauty Academy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robynx

Reaction score
I am just looking at the types of nail courses available from these people and wondering if anyone trained with them and how did you find it?

Any feedback welcome, thanks :)

Is this the nail and beauty academy?
They do 1 week courses etc?

Try the Beauty Academy in Reading, which is good training. They all have different tutors, I can't comment on any of the other Beauty Acadamies.

Try the Beauty Academy in Reading, which is good training. They all have different tutors, I can't comment on any of the other Beauty Acadamies.

Thank you :)
It's only an hour-ish away from me so i'll check it out :)

I trained there and really enjoyed it, you've got to have a bit about you to take it all in, read up and watch videos of the procedures you want learn before hand so you have some knowledge

I also liked the impartial advice on products they gave me

I trained there and really enjoyed it, you've got to have a bit about you to take it all in, read up and watch videos of the procedures you want learn before hand so you have some knowledge

I also liked the impartial advice on products they gave me

Which training did you attend Nikki? Glad you enjoyed it.

I am just looking at the types of nail courses available from these people and wondering if anyone trained with them and how did you find it?

Any feedback welcome, thanks :)

Hi there, yes I did a course with them in September. Enjoyed it and felt I learnt a lot. Then went on to do a Shellac course 'Bring em back'. They were both ok and was given certificates so easily...no one fails but I think the secret with this trade is practise, practise, practise. And as it's what you want to do you'll enjoy it. There's lots of support around- this site being one of them.
Good luck :)

Which training did you attend Nikki? Glad you enjoyed it.

I did the mani & pedi course then booked the acrylic enhancement course for the following, hoping to do the gel nails course in the near future :)

Thank you both for your feedback :)
I hadnt heard of that place before, nor had i read anything on here about it and obviously i didnt want to train with a dodgy place or get a half-arsed version of training. Feeling much better about it now :)

Hi there, yes I did a course with them in September. Enjoyed it and felt I learnt a lot. Then went on to do a Shellac course 'Bring em back'. They were both ok and was given certificates so easily...no one fails but I think the secret with this trade is practise, practise, practise. And as it's what you want to do you'll enjoy it. There's lots of support around- this site being one of them.

Sorry just querying you did the CND shellac bring me back course at the beauty academy in the link above?

Bit worrying the statement "no one fails" that's the problem with so many private courses...they take your money and feel obliged to pass everyone, even the ones who should be made to redo. Also nothing on the site mentions shellac...what does your certificate look like? The shellac ones are very different from any others in that they are made of a see through paper almost like tracing paper.

I think I trained with them back in 2004, it was called something else though? If it's the same place it was called the Herts & Essex Academy.

Yes it is true, everyone passes however I did find the standard of teaching very good, much better in fact than when I did ITEC, the tutor on that course was shockingly bad.

Sorry just querying you did the CND shellac bring me back course at the beauty academy in the link above?

Sorry I didn't explain very well ....I went to S2 in Leeds to do my Shellac course as that's what I was and am interested in.
Apologies again for not making myself clear xx

What ever you do , dont train with exclusive acadamy in huyton liverpool , I booked on a course through wowcher paid all up then went for my course this morning and company has vanished . Some girls had paid £100 for training courses . Gutted

What ever you do , dont train with exclusive acadamy in huyton liverpool , I booked on a course through wowcher paid all up then went for my course this morning and company has vanished . Some girls had paid £100 for training courses . Gutted

That's awful! Hope you haven't lost much? Don't give up though, look at other courses with a reputable company and put that experience behind you. Good Luck Seetpea x

Thanks hun , first time iv tried traing outside a college n think im going to stick with nvq's from now on , im more gutted I couldnt train x

I trained with the beauty academy and doing my nvq course. They're ok, but obviously depending what you wanna do once qualified think about what you need to train in. Because even doing these courses most of the time you have to do a conversion course with the products companies to use their products which is great but just think about what qualification you really want or need.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience Sweetpea :(

And thank you to everyone else for your input :)

I've trained with the beauty academy, the course was good and easy to get your qualification at the end of it but you do have to practice a lot afterwards, I ended up on having to train again with gelish nail harmony which is the brand I use, although the beauty academy gives you a good base starting point I personally would advise to choose a brand you want to work with and train direct with them, but that's just my opinion xx

Latest posts

Back