Anyone using Illumina?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415737320.892407.jpg
Another illumina beofre and after

I havent tried them yet, but am intrigued as you are all so excited by them. Why would you chose to use illumina over koleston p? Whats the main differences? Im yet to decide the best client to trial them on to have a play :)

I havent tried them yet, but am intrigued as you are all so excited by them. Why would you chose to use illumina over koleston p? Whats the main differences? Im yet to decide the best client to trial them on to have a play :)

Illumina is a translucent colour with superior light reflection. Not opaque like all other permanent colours, so provides a much more natural effect. It has a violet base so excellent for lifting!

Illumina is a translucent colour with superior light reflection. Not opaque like all other permanent colours, so provides a much more natural effect. It has a violet base so excellent for lifting!

As above. They are just beautiful and natural looking and blend really well for ombré, root stretch etc.

I would really like to go do some new wella education and be confident in using new products. Im very comfortable in sticking with what i know but i dont want to get stuck in a box. Would you recommend for high lights or as a toner for a first time use. My best friends due hers soon, perfect guinea pig. She likes a pale ash blonde. Any suggestions??

I would really like to go do some new wella education and be confident in using new products. Im very comfortable in sticking with what i know but i dont want to get stuck in a box. Would you recommend for high lights or as a toner for a first time use. My best friends due hers soon, perfect guinea pig. She likes a pale ash blonde. Any suggestions??

Perfect for toning. 10/69, 9/60, 10/93, 10/1 and the mixing possibilities are endless! If her natural depth is light enough, you could just use a 10 rather than bleach for her highlights!

I've done 2 free wella access courses this year. Ask your rep. They want you to be confident with the product :)

I've done 2 free wella access courses this year. Ask your rep. They want you to be confident with the product :)

I dont have a rep, im mobile so didnt know i could have 1 until someone mentioned it on here the other day. I may well give wella a ring and see what they can offer me :) thanks

Perfect for toning. 10/69, 9/60, 10/93, 10/1 and the mixing possibilities are endless! If her natural depth is light enough, you could just use a 10 rather than bleach for her highlights!

Thanks cams, will have a look at those and try a nice new toner on her. P.s Her Base is a 6.

Thanks cams, will have a look at those and try a nice new toner on her. P.s Her Base is a 6.

Ahh probably best to use bleach or highlift then and tone:)

I dont have a rep, im mobile so didnt know i could have 1 until someone mentioned it on here the other day. I may well give wella a ring and see what they can offer me :) thanks

I'm mobile too!

Hiya geeks!
I don't wanna sound stupid and I don't want any sarcy comments back, I'm fully qualified and have been working mobile for three years now but have never picked up illumina, looking at the threads I really fancy trying it but what's the difference? Do you mix with the same stuff as koleston? And would you use it the same as koleston? Eg for highlights etc? I keep seeing about toning so unsure as to which is best, would love to know more x

Hiya geeks!
I don't wanna sound stupid and I don't want any sarcy comments back, I'm fully qualified and have been working mobile for three years now but have never picked up illumina, looking at the threads I really fancy trying it but what's the difference? Do you mix with the same stuff as koleston? And would you use it the same as koleston? Eg for highlights etc? I keep seeing about toning so unsure as to which is best, would love to know more x

Yep mixed with the same developer. It's a permanent colour so can be users for everything koleston can be used for and more!

I also don't want to appear dopey, but, what is ID? I use L'Oreal x

I also don't want to appear dopey, but, what is ID? I use L'Oreal x

Color.ID is a colour additive that allows you to place two different colours right next to each other without bleeding, providing they're no more than 3 depths apart.

Yep mixed with the same developer. It's a permanent colour so can be users for everything koleston can be used for and more!

Its also violet based, so it always has a cooler result, and is never as flat as koleston. It has a lot more shine due to the reflection of the copper particles.

Its also violet based, so it always has a cooler result, and is never as flat as koleston. It has a lot more shine due to the reflection of the copper particles.

Already said all that shizz👆👆

I think I'm right in saying it's not actually the copper that reflects but the copper fils the gaps on the surface/cuticle of the hair which creates a perfectly smooth base which creates the shine? or have I made that up 😂

Think it actually removes the copper build up from the hair to stop free radical damage when mixed with the peroxide. I think I read that it is now thought that we tend to get a lot more build up of metals such as copper on the hair from the water supply than was previously realised.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Cams79, thank you! So you would use this in hand painting & Balyage techniques? X

Latest posts

Back