Anyone who operates a rent a room beauty business please can you help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Hi all

Just wondered if those with a room ; how do you find the trade, what are the set up costs etc.

Was it slow at first? I've got a busy mobile business which I don't want to give up, but would, at the same time like a "base" and have found the perfect one!

What are the considerations I should make? Bearing in mind I've never done anything like this before?

Thanks

I have rented space in various places and currently have a lovely salon in a room I rent. It is on a great high street location with loads of passing trade.

It is a room in a salon that you are renting? Or is it a room on its own in the high street at ground level?

Either way, location location location is the most improtant thing. Then you have to consider the overheads like rent/rates and then the utilities you have to pay, ie electricity, water, gas, etlephone, etc.

Is there any way you could maintain your mobile client base until you had established the room/salon?

If it is in a great location, you are half way there but it all depends on the contractual terms, ie length of lease (if there is one) and any tie-ins.

Go for it and good luck! xx:)

Latest posts

Back