Anyone's hubby/partner offshore?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah89Nails

Reaction score
My husbands done his offshore survival training recently and is currently looking for a new job offshore.

I'm wondering how I will manage without him. Pros it will be nice to have my own routine any time to myself cons I will have the kids on my own!

Could do with hearing from any other offshore wives!

Xxxx

My ex was a engineer off shore. I loved it when he was away, sorry! The problem came when he decided to work at home. There are many positives about having a partner working away although I completely understand you will miss them.

Hi my hubby works away (not off shore but certainly not travable!) he is often away for months at a time. Me & the kids have our own routine & I have complete control if the tv & dinner menu! The kids speak to him most nights which I think is really important esp for our 5 year old. I'm lucky that I can still message/call him anytime. But we miss him like mad & it is hard work, trying to build a business & full responsibility for child & home care. It also means I can't offer as many evening appointments as I would like. Oh & it takes some readjusting when he's home as its like a completely different routine. But it works well for us, despite the difference in miles we are closer than most other married couples I know & our time together is true bliss & quality family time. Hth

If opportunity doesn't knock - build a door!

My hubby works away, most times he is gone for 6 months at a time. Yes it's hard but we have not known anything else. You have to make the time at home count and make sure that you keep in touch while he is away. Send silly little emails or just what you have been doing. It's important to keep the connection

Vicki x

My hubby is in the army and to start with I found it hard trying to establish a new relationship on limited time, then I got used to it and got my head down and got it done. I got so excited when he used to come home and our nights out etc.

but the last 3 years have been bloody hard work, pushed me to my limits and tested out relationship (more me,than him). He has been away so much and ive had a pregnancy and first 1.5 of our childs life (shes 2.5) with him home and away. Now I pray for him to go away as I've got so used to him not being here!! Lol but hay were still together so it it works its just not always easy!! But life can be like that I guess xxx

My hubby is in the army and to start with I found it hard trying to establish a new relationship on limited time, then I got used to it and got my head down and got it done. I got so excited when he used to come home and our nights out etc.

but the last 3 years have been bloody hard work, pushed me to my limits and tested out relationship (more me,than him). He has been away so much and ive had a pregnancy and first 1.5 of our childs life (shes 2.5) with him home and away. Now I pray for him to go away as I've got so used to him not being here!! Lol but hay were still together so it it works its just not always easy!! But life can be like that I guess xxx

Snap, sounds like your living my life! Lol

MM29 glad it's not just me!! I've been feeling really guilty lately x

Oh guilty about what?
I'm 10yrs down the line so it's just my way of life.
Pm if you want a chat x

My man works off shore. I absolutely miss but having a routine is so nice! The last 2 years has been especially rough with fertility issues, a wedding and lots of issues with his family due to substance abuse.
Somedays I wanna cry because I miss him so much. But other times when he is home I can't wait to get my space back!
I think that your life falls into a new normal and you become use to it. One strange thing iv found is that my life works in shifts now because of his schedule being in shifts. The week's he is gone go by so slow! And the days he is home in goes way to quickly!

My advice is to get a good support group around you, family & friends. Make sure you have a reliable sitter for the odd night out.

And do stuff to pass the time when he is away, so when your writing to him you feel that you have news to pass on. Eventually you will get use to it (its hard, but it can be done) oxo

Latest posts

Back