Apex building

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelly bundy

Reaction score
Hi
I use nsi balance gel and I done a set of ballerina gel nails extensions on Friday, Saturday she sent me
This
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455567203.426848.jpg
. She said it snapped off. Have I not built up my apex enough on ballerina. What is your nsi method on this shape nail as it is long and takes more gel?

Looking at the thumb they may be too thin therefore snapped and yes I can't see much apex either x

They are quite long and need a strong apex.

Hi
I use nsi balance gel and I done a set of ballerina gel nails extensions on Friday, Saturday she sent me
This View attachment 194373. She said it snapped off. Have I not built up my apex enough on ballerina. What is your nsi method on this shape nail as it is long and takes more gel?
I use nsi balance gel to mine wasn't an extension just an overlay on natural nails n this happened on two of her nails chipping at the free edge

Attachments

• IMG_20160215_134442.jpg
    IMG_20160215_134442.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 121
There is no apex at all on the thumb nail, you can clearly from the side in that photo. If all of the nails are the same flat structure then they will break. It doesn't need to be thick at the free edge, or cuticle, just in the stress area, basically where the snap occured.

Its not easy to do with gel, you need good product control to keep it in the right place, you may need to flash cure each finger to keep the apex in place whilst doing the other nails then do a full cure of all the fingers. As gel is self levelling, apex creation with gel is one of the hardest elements to master.

There is no apex at all on the thumb nail, you can clearly from the side in that photo. If all of the nails are the same flat structure then they will break. It doesn't need to be thick at the free edge, or cuticle, just in the stress area, basically where the snap occured.

Its not easy to do with gel, you need good product control to keep it in the right place, you may need to flash cure each finger to keep the apex in place whilst doing the other nails then do a full cure of all the fingers. As gel is self levelling, apex creation with gel is one of the hardest elements to master.

What a great explanation Trinity, thank you for that!

Exactly what Trinity has said. nails that length I would have opted for acrylic.

With gel you would need to flash cure each finger seperately to give yourself a chance at a decent apex. You could also try turning the finger upside down so gravity helps you with the apex. Get your client to turn her finger for a few seconds, under the lamp for 5 secs, then right way up under the lamp for another 5 secs. Repeat with all fingers on the hand and then under for a full cure.

The longer the nail the more of an appex it needs, and that is a pretty long nail and not much appex. Too thin of an appex definitely.

Latest posts

Back