applied for a job!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VICKYBROOKES

Reaction score
hi geeks! i havnt posted much lately but i studying nvq beauty at the mo and level 3 swedish massage. Basically i was going to work from home next year but i have decided to look for a job whilst im training . A job has come up for a beauty advisor for Este'e lauder at my local department store which seems a job part time job ,as is beauty related . I havnt had to have a job interview for 5 years as ive always been in the same job and have had 18 months off maternity leave and now feel a bit nervous about going back into the working world again . I know this is silly tho as i used to run a retail fashion shop in a busy area before my daughter was born , but am a bit worried as to the interview and am wondering what is exactly expected from me for this role .

to cut a long story short has anyone worked/is working for a counter beauty company and what does your job intail? Also what kind of questions will be asked at the interview in regards to beauty etc as im only just starting my training for facials , make up etc and dont want to seem a bit dim !lol

thanks for reading this i know ive gone off on one but thought u geeks could help me out!!!!! thanks in advance!

Sorry hun I've not worked on beauty counter so cant give you and advice re that.

All I can say is look them in the eye, dont figit, or flap you hands about when you talk, try to be calm but not boring or shy, speak up dont mumble, act confident, dress appropriately, make sure your make-up is perfect (not too much).

Have a look at the line of makeup you will be selling, maybe do a little background research on it so if they ask you questions about it you will be prepared.

Even if you dont get the job look at the interview as practice, take a look at what you think you did wrong and try to correct it or improve it.

Hope this helps and good luck.

:hug:

thanks trish ! some good advice there! have made sure ive been reading up on the company and also got some leaflets with product info on etc . hopefully i will get an interview !

Trish has given some good advice there !

Good luck in your interview chick :hug:

hi there,

I used to work as an area manager for Lancome and Clarins. But now i have a baby....... and the rest is history!!!!!!!

Standard questions are.

what is your favourite product from Estee Lauder?
why do you like this product?
what is on the counter/promotions at the moment?
What do you think a day on a Lauder counter will be like?
What Would you do on the counter to achieve your Target? - (ie) activities.

If i saw your friend and i asked her to describe you in 3 words what would they be?

Tell me 5 things that you think i would be looking for in a beauty consultant?
Which one of these would be the most important?

Tell me 3 things you know about Estee Lauder?

that should help you... if you need any more help PM me.

Good Luck.
Cheers
Natasha

hi there,

I used to work as an area manager for Lancome and Clarins. But now i have a baby....... and the rest is history!!!!!!!

Standard questions are.

what is your favourite product from Estee Lauder?
why do you like this product?
what is on the counter/promotions at the moment?
What do you think a day on a Lauder counter will be like?
What Would you do on the counter to achieve your Target? - (ie) activities.

If i saw your friend and i asked her to describe you in 3 words what would they be?

Tell me 5 things that you think i would be looking for in a beauty consultant?
Which one of these would be the most important?

Tell me 3 things you know about Estee Lauder?

that should help you... if you need any more help PM me.

Good Luck.
Cheers
Natasha

oh fab info natashathanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will nip back into bentalls and get more info from the counter ! i wasnt aware that i would have to know some of those questions , thanks for the tip off!!!!!!

hi hun,never worked for them but good luck in your interview x

Latest posts

Back