Apply clear over coloured L&P?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
In my course, I was taught/told that when using coloured acrylics, you must always apply a coat of clear over top.

Is it a 'must'?
If yes.... WHY??????

I ask because doing my OWN nails is soooooooooooooooo much easier with poppits, I'll just pop some colour into a poppit...and whammo!

It's because when you apply your colour V you do it thinly and then build the structure of the enhancement in clear which not only saves on the amount of colour product that you use but lets you refine the shape of the nail without affecting the colour.

I have never applied colour l&p with poppits though. hth :hug:

I wouldnt think placing coloured acrylic in popits is an issue because there is no filing and shaping involved, so therefore you wouldnt ruin the colour. :)

I've used coloured and glittered l+p in popits without any problems. The only thing, as Fi says, is the cost of the product. Colours/glitters cost more than your usual powders and with using them in popits you are obviously using more than if you are just covering the nailplate and building up with the clear. xx

Because it will give you the structure you need and the right place to do it.
I've never used popits so I've not really got the concept but if using glitter/coloured powders...cover with clear.
You can't always do it with your colours.

This is exactly what we use popits for, one colour overlays. You can custom blend some fantastic colours that you wouldn't get in a polish. We mixed a beautiful slate grey colour with a slight shimmer last week which was absolutely stunning. Very now!!

I'm actually adding it as a seperate service on my treatment menu.

It may cost slightly more in product but think of all the time you are saving and you charge the same as a full set or even more as its a PREMIUM PRICED SERVICE!!!!

If you haven't tried it, DO IT, the results are amazing and as Victoria said, sooo quick and easy, no filing, no covering with clear. Perfect!!!

Thanks everyone for your answers!! Much appareciated.

It was more to know for 'myself' and my 'own' nails.

But good to know for clients etc too...

I don't know that I'll use poppits on clients? Probably horde them for myself until such time as there is a canadian distributor :lol:

When I tried them the other night, although I had goofed on my right hand, and soaked them off to restart... it still took me less time to do both hands than to rebalance my hands with uv gel.
I always struggle with my right hand, and filing it.. and putting the gel right so it doesn't run into eponychium..... (left hand is NOT steady).
I still love gel.... but it looks like I'm going to be an L&P girl.

:lol:

Latest posts

Back