Applying lashes to pregnant lady

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlene1983

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have a pregnant lady who wanted semi permanent lashes. I advised her to have the express version so she wouldn't be lying flat for so long.
Am I correct in having her lie on her left side slightly with a pillow to help support her where she needs it?

ps I'm mobile (with portable bed) and no this wasn't covered in my training. Thanks

When I was pregnant my midwife told me lying on my right wasn't good for the baby. I remember it was my fave side to sleep on and I ended up doing so anyway, by accident. But u are right to use pillows for support, especially between the knees, it's more comfortable. Perhaps allowing her to change position at intervals if she needs will help too. Depending how far along she is and how big the bump is depends how comfortable she can be in one position. Hope this helps x

You will have to check depending on the brand will depend if you can carry out this treatment for pregnant clients.

I no LVL lashes you cannot perform on pregnant or clients who are breastfeeding.

Making sure your client is comfortable is key you may find putting a pillow underneath her knees may help for comfort and you may need to give you client breaks to allow herself to move around from being lay back.

We were advised not to apply semi perm lashes on pregnant ladies as should they have a reaction their pregnancy may make it harder to treat. x

Nouveau Lashes recommend you don't do any lashes treatments on pregnant or breast feeding ladies for no other reason than the complications it may cause if anything goes wrong with either the pregnancy or the treatment.

It's also a view shared by many insurers as well so I would check your policy wording to make sure you are covered.

Latest posts

Back