Apprenticeship in nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxy_princess

Reaction score
Someone recommend I do an apprenticeship. I have an NVQ level 2 in nail services and I want to progress to level 3. Can anyone here tell me a bit more about apprenticeships and what they involve? Also how long it would take ?

Many thanks

I'm currently doing an apprenticeship and I go to college one day a week where they teach us a&p and then how to do the treatments, and also do our exams which I'll then go into work and practice and learn more about etc with co workers. I believe most apprenticeships are a year long, so mine will be finishing in September
We can also get the salon assessor to come out to the salon so we can do assessments there instead of college [emoji5]️

I'm currently doing an apprenticeship and I go to college one day a week where they teach us a&p and then how to do the treatments, and also do our exams which I'll then go into work and practice and learn more about etc with co workers. I believe most apprenticeships are a year long, so mine will be finishing in September
We can also get the salon assessor to come out to the salon so we can do assessments there instead of college [emoji5]️

So would I have to register with a college? I'm quite confused

Yeah, and I'm assuming you have somewhere to do your apprenticeship? If not the college should help you find somewhere, but if you sign up then the college will help you with it all :)

Contact the closest college that offers the course, they may have a list of salons that you can then approach to see if they would take you on an apprenticeship. The college will be able to provide the info that you need. As said about you normally go to college 1 day a week and then work the other 4 in your salon.

Latest posts

Back