April price rises

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanzy85

Reaction score
Hi

Is anyone putting up their prices this month? I really do need to but the competition in my area is high so really stuck to know what to do. I currently offer Shellac application at £15 and I believe this is too cheap but other salons are charging the same as me and I currently charge £30 for lash extensions which again I think is too cheap but I have the same problem in that the competition charge the same. The shellac is one of my most popular treatments and also what I spend the most money on but very stuck to know what to do. Any advice? thanks

I feel the same, I only charge £14 for shellac

Charge what you believe you are worth and don't worry about what other people are charging. As long as you are doing a great job you will work less hours for more money while they work harder for less money x

If people like the service you do they will happily come back but like you said you don't want to send them running. So what about a £2/£3 price rise?? That's not too much to ask and I don't think it will send people running and it just helps start the ball rolling of highering your prices

Id have a look in your area and see what everyone else is offering - I am mobile so charge £20 for gelish/shellac but others in salons charge from £15-30. I usually drop my prices on a tuesday and call it Gelish Tuesday where I charge £14 for that day only and then put Easter offers on at cheaper prices so your customers still get the incentive and you can still put your prices up :)

I found a lot of people charging barely anything for gelish/shellac around by me but most of them have gone out of business as they couldnt afford to buy the products and run their business which such small profit coming in

hope this helps :)

I am not putting my prices up in April.

I had a price rise on manis/pedis in December. I'm quite happy with everything else for now.

I used to charge £20 for shellac but I just thought is was too cheap. No where local does shellac, on salon does bio sculpture, one does Jessica's generation. They both charge £20. I now charge £5 for shellac, it is battling for most popular treatment every month (with eye brow waxes). Our clients understood, and we still get new clients. We do have a loyalty card and regular monthly offers so this is a real incentive to keep coming back.

X

Thank you for your replies, I have decided to increase the shellac from £15 to £16 for now and keep the lash extensions as they are for the time being, I am still working on building my business! Great idea about the offer on certain days!

Latest posts

Back