Aquariaum nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jillykeely

Reaction score
ok what is this, anyone tried these. looks like a fad thing. any thoughts
Glam and Glits, Nail Designs
aquariam nail tips, have a look, weird

Aquarium and "water bubble" nails have been around for quite some time. In the US it really started as a hispanic thing and spread little by little. I do them quite often. Only I don't put the aquarium in the tip because most of my clients wear a shorter length, I put the aquarium over the nail bed or use a "bubble".
This is a pic of the 'Snowman Snowglobe" that I did for Christmas. I also used them to make "snowglobe" ornaments on nails. Just another example of the creativity of our wonderful world!
ChristmasGel12-17-09-2.jpg

There are soooo many tuts all over youtube for these things!

I watched the tutorial and am horrified that they used a drill on natural nails!

How do you do this?

cc how do u do it. do u use these tips they sell and h2o or something else. it might try it if you can use a shorter tip thanks keely

Well for the 'bubble' I use those craft 'googly' eyes. Just cut the back off of them. For the shorter aquarium nails over the nail bed, I use my popits.
This is a very abbreviated version, cuz I kept forgetting to take pics--but hopefully you get the idea!
100_2935.jpg
100_2936.jpg

100_2937.jpg
100_2938.jpg

Last edited:
cc where can i buy popits. can only find them in the uk.
do u seal the sides with gel or acrylic and do u put water in the nail form. they look great. u are getting me hooked keely

I buy mine from Jennifer Brikl at especiallynails I believe she is in Indiana. I seal it all with gel because that is about all I use anymore. And I fill them with baby oil or another really lightweight clear oil. You have to be careful to not get any of that oil on your brush though, so I put my floaties in then seal up everything but a small hole big enough to put the needle in and then I use an orangewood stick to put the gel on that hole. That way there is less chance of contaminating my brush or my gel.

I actually bought that aquarium tip kit and I got it this week.
Honestly... I'm not a fan of it. Maybe I'm just not used to it, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting my glitter to actually move inside the tip.

Also, the tips are waaaaaaaaaaay too curved for my nails. Because it's thick, it's not very flexible so it just curves against my nails and it hurts to grip things. I did my index and thumb, but I took them off!

We've had a few "out there" clients enquire about Aquarium nails...its a novelty I think, but as its our policy to try everything out we're looking into it. will keep you posted on the results!

Well for the 'bubble' I use those craft 'googly' eyes. Just cut the back off of them. For the shorter aquarium nails over the nail bed, I use my popits.
This is a very abbreviated version, cuz I kept forgetting to take pics--but hopefully you get the idea!
100_2935.jpg
100_2936.jpg

100_2937.jpg
100_2938.jpg

Hi I was just looking into this and came across your post. I've done the aquarium nails before but just the tips. I'm interested in doing it on most of the nail as u did.
When u say "pop it's" do you mean inverted molds? Can u explain the process to me please

I just replied to your message, but yes, I mean the inverted molds.

Latest posts

Back