Are beauty therapy correspondence courses a waste of money?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KelMcNail

Reaction score
hey there,

anyone have information on beauty correspondence courses (also includes you to work in a salon)?? all you get is a diploma!

are they any good? worth doing? waste of money?

What about ITEC, CIBTAC and CIDESCO?

Personally I think that nothing beats hands on experience... I can't see how you can practice as much as you do at college whne you are at home.

Learning with others also helps you learn I found. So I'd say go with a college. I got an ITEC diploma. Hth's x

What course is it hun ? any correspondance course in particular ? There has been some previous threads on here regarding these courses , many find them a waste of time ans feel that beauty course should be hands on training however in other instances it can be worth while as a starting point to getting into beauty . I personally feel that you wouldnt be confident enough to perform a treatment just by studying books and no hands on training . Also if you have any problems you wouldnthave a tutor to ask face to face .

hi

thanks for getting back to me..!

when you sign up for the course you are like given a one on one tutor! that no matter when you need help you contact!
It also makes you work in a salon (which means you will be working with other people)
To be honest i have a fair idea about beauty, i worked n a salon for 3yrs with 20 girls... mostly all beauticians,and i learned so much from doing treatments on each other! but i would like to have something behind me, to say i am good enough to carry treatments out on the public. If you understand me!

hi

thanks for getting back to me..!

when you sign up for the course you are like given a one on one tutor! that no matter when you need help you contact!

yeah thats true but they wont be there watching you ,say wax a client and tell you exactly what you r doing wrong , I think these courses are good as somewhere to start but you wont be able to work for a salon really unless you gain and nvq or similar and many ask for level 3 . Does your local college not do a part time course? i know many offer vtct courses that offer a reconised qualification , Home courses mainly offer only there own diplomas , hth (also i looked into several home courses when i first started out and you cannot gain insurance on these courses unless you do some practical training too it is a insurance requirement )

thank you for your help! xx

Latest posts

Back