Are competitions worth entering?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I never used to be bothered about entering competitions, but my friend recently won a load of hair products through some a twitter page just by Retweeting something. This has got me into starting to enter competitions as she has won quite a lot in the past.

Has anybody else won much and do you enter competitions very regularly?

Any more beauty competitions out there I can enter too?

Hope this is the right thread for this sort of thing too, only recently joined after being a long time reader :o

Ive won a bed and a bin before from a home magaxine, just for texting in

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

I remember working with a girl whose hubby entered every competition going. He won hampers, wine - loads. Anyway, he entered a competition in the paper and won a trip for 2 to Beverly Hills: picked up by limo to the airport, flew first class and stayed in the Pretty Woman hotel with money to spend!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I remember working with a girl whose hubby entered every competition going. He won hampers, wine - loads. Anyway, he entered a competition in the paper and won a trip for 2 to Beverly Hills: picked up by limo to the airport, flew first class and stayed in the Pretty Woman hotel with money to spend!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

See this is what I mean. I don't know if you have to be incredibly lucky, or just get involved with every competition going.

See this is what I mean. I don't know if you have to be incredibly lucky, or just get involved with every competition going.

I always wonder this ! Also I always enter online as oppose to texting or calling and I think " surely they will choose people who have paid to enter!"

I won a beauty trolley just for liking and sharing on facebook :)

My father in law enters all the competitions on tv like this morning etc. and in the magazines, considering all he has entered over the years he hasn't won one...that we know of! ; )

If I have time on my hands I enter comps, ,my best win was with The beauty guild I won a spray tanning kit recently.
Previously I've won £50 topshop voucher, pedicure products, festival tickets, chocolate, washing up liquid (!) and a champagne 'handbook'.
The more you enter, the more chance you have of winning, simple really :D

I always enter the glamour magazine daily competitions, the have a different prize for each day of the month and the do them every month, it's free, you do it online by answering a question takes 2 mins. I've won quite a bit on it actually well worth doing and I never normally win anything x

Many moons ago I placed a Valentine's classified ad for Valentines Day. It was for a male friend who loved his cat and I made it out that the message was from his cat (as a prank). Anyway, I didn't realise it but there was a competition involved and I won a nights stay at a really posh hotel in Sydney including Champagne, dinner and breakfast!!

Never one anything since :sad:

I've won the lottery ;) raffles, tickets to the breaking dawn part 2 premier, quite a few comps.

I enter lots of Fb and twitter comps and various free one. It tend to steer away from paid comps.

X

I must be the only person who has never won anything. It always shocks me people are willing to pay £1.50 etc on X Factor and BGT when they apparently have the same chance of winning online. Bizarre!

Your not alone, ive never won a thing! Ive entered the ITV ones, loads of online ones and craft ones, even blockbuster and pets at home regularly. But ive never ever won a thing, all Ive got is constant spam and calls from marketing companies.! I am really lucky with betting and scratch cards but not with competitions lol. One of these days!

I registered with a website called Loquax.
Last year I won Disney goody bag worth £300, make up, perfume, a dolls house, £100 h+m Giftcard, soaps and bath stuff, iPhone case, tickets to a car show, and more!
Never paid a penny either.

My top tips:
- get an auto fill app for your browser
-register on loquax
-have a separate email for 'comping' [you'll get a lot if spam!]
-never give card details or pay a penny!!

You've got to be in it to win it ;)

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

True, you have to be in it to win it. I think the best idea is to find start ups that have competitions as not as many people will enter them.

Like that one I linked earlier- under 1000 likes on the FB page has got to give you a fairly good chance. Plus it's a company that looks quite good after having a look around their website!

One day eh!?

Latest posts

Back