Are eyelash extensions popular with you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oatridge2006

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Wanting to do some more training and a few people have asked if I do eyelash extensions, I have found a course near me but wanted to see if anyone is busy with this treatment? Some people have said it breaks your own eyelashes, is this if they aren't taken off correctly? Thanks :)

There my least popular treatment but i think it depends were you are, i'm in a little village and alot of my clients are more mature.

I do Semi permanent individual lashes and they are very popular where I live. If they are applied, looked after and removed correctly they won't harm your own lashes. I also do Shellac and Minx but lashes are by far more popular for me. Hth P :)

Cani ask what lashes you use? I use Eyelash Emporium and a lot of my clients arent happy with them. From the side they look amazing but front on you just cant hardly even notice them. Im having to use C or D curls on pretty much every client, am i doing something wrong?

xx

I mostly use C curls, they look much better imo than J maybe that's the prob? :)

I use mostly B curl .15 or .2mm thickness for the natural look and C .2 or .25mm for a bit more glam. There is a new L shaped lashe out but ive not had a chance to use them. It all really depends on what your client is looking for and most importantly the condition of your clients natural lashes. I get my lashes from Lash Base or Emporium :)

I dont do extensions as yet but am looking into doing them. A bit unsure yet.

Where I have been to have them applied, she said they arent very popular as they are quite expensive (£50-£60, £25 for infills)) around here. I had them done twice but wont be having them again as I think they are far too expensive for how long they last (even with proper care). I had mine in for about 2 weeks until some started to fall out (was expecting a lot longer tbh!) and I wasnt really that impressed with them. (I didnt really want the natural look which is what I got) I now opt for a tint and perm instead.

They are very popular for me. £50-£60 is pretty average pricing with infills around £20-£30 but that is area-dependent.
I would definitely recommend it, even people who have it for a one-off who say they wont have them again DO, because they are so addictive.
I use mainly c curls in .20mm, I find the .25mm way too thick and j curls just dont give the curl and uplift desired by most clients.
I didnt have them on for ages, even when I was offering them as a treatment, but since having them done I am so addicted and cant be without them.

I did a Lash Training Course and then retrained with A H Francis and so far have used their products and been pretty happy (although I confess I don't really have a comparison). The only grumble I have is that I did the Master Class, one reason being to introduce Mink Lashes (which look amazing), but then found out that you need to use a glue with fumes, which I don't want to use, as some of the reactions the therapists have experienced sound pretty horrible. Although I wouldn't necessarily choose them to be, lashes are my bread and butter at present and my average regular lash clients are 50-60!!!. Good business but can be fairly tricky as they are pretty hard going on the eyes (I've had to stop doing them at night) and they're success is really quite dependent on how they are looked after and the client's natural lashes.

I thought my local salons would be falling over themselves to do lashes but actually a lot of them say that they can make better money doing other treatments.

Just an honest opinion, which may help but at the end of the day I think success also depends on the demand in your area and what you enjoy doing.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:D

Thank you all for your views! Think im going to have a go! Asked clients that I see already and most seem interested :) fingers crossed!! :))) xxx

Cani ask what lashes you use? I use Eyelash Emporium and a lot of my clients arent happy with them. From the side they look amazing but front on you just cant hardly even notice them. Im having to use C or D curls on pretty much every client, am i doing something wrong?

xx

How many lashes are you placing per eye? The Eyelash Emporium lashes are no different to any other lashes that can be sourced from reputable suppliers. I use them on all my clients and once they have their first set, they are converted for life!

We are in a small town and eyelashes are one of our main treatments (I think word of mouth advertising best), we charge £80 for full set around 1.5hours and £26 for 1 hour infill. We just put at many on in the time scale as possible so the more experience you get the more you put on. When I first started I allowed 2hours+ for full set.
We use lash perfect, tried a few other companies but found this the best and the glue good quality.
Hope this helps xxx

i will like to partner with eyelash extensionist that has 3 years or more experience in the industry.
we are currently working on openning a new eyelash and eyebrow bar in London. if you are interested kindly send me a message at [email protected].

Hiya!

The natural lashes will only come off in extreme circumstances i.e. if a client has a severe allergic reaction or if they pull them all off. The need to be removed with a gel type remover. (Liquid removers are hard to manage and can run in the clients eye!)

If you are close to us, we have a reputable training school in Iver Heath (Just outside West London), or if you are too far we have trainers in Scotland, Ireland and Dorset!
We are also currently the only Eyelash Extension company to be shortlisted in the Guild of Beauty Therapists awards of excellence in the training category!

Like other people have mentioned, it depends on location. We personally charge £95 for a set by one of our appointed therapists.
However, in the next town over, some people are charging from £45 to £60.
When you first begin its ok to start out cheaper, then you can gradually increase your price. If you are going mobile and it is the first treatment you are offering then it is definitely a worth while sideline!

Hope this helps and if you are close to us we hope to hear from you soon! :)

Love

The Eyelash Emporium

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with what others have said that speaking for myself and my friend who started having Hollywood lashes done a few months ago it is really addictive.

Hiya!

The natural lashes will only come off in extreme circumstances i.e. if a client has a severe allergic reaction or if they pull them all off. The need to be removed with a gel type remover. (Liquid removers are hard to manage and can run in the clients eye!)

If you are close to us, we have a reputable training school in Iver Heath (Just outside West London), or if you are too far we have trainers in Scotland, Ireland and Dorset!
We are also currently the only Eyelash Extension company to be shortlisted in the Guild of Beauty Therapists awards of excellence in the training category!

Like other people have mentioned, it depends on location. We personally charge £95 for a set by one of our appointed therapists.
However, in the next town over, some people are charging from £45 to £60.
When you first begin its ok to start out cheaper, then you can gradually increase your price. If you are going mobile and it is the first treatment you are offering then it is definitely a worth while sideline!

Hope this helps and if you are close to us we hope to hear from you soon! :)

Love

The Eyelash Emporium

Eyelash Emporium - Eyelash extensions | Semi permanent eyelashes | Eyelash extension courses

Thank you very much for your info! Your training looks top notch but I am already booked on a course now!

Latest posts

Back