Are people busy now until Xmas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautIsh

Reaction score
I'm in need of some time off and was wondering so people find now to Christmas busy and then January not so busy please :) I'm mobile doing hair, make up and spray tans atm, first year offering all 3 and I need some family time but don't want to lose money if it will be a busy time for me.

I have been in a salon 3 months and no bookings for xmas and hardly any now. So I am questioning it. I have been advised that I should atleast make rent. And get a feel for it picking up but I am not. Unfortunately x

So if you have the bookings take it as January may be quite x

I'm having new double glazing fitted end of October I'm considering using that as an excuse just to have a week off. I'm not very busy ATM but just thinking if it tends to be a busy time of year do I take some time now to keep my sanity lol :)

Last year I found Christmas and Jan to be quite busy although Feb and March were very quiet .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi
Filling up the week before xmas i remembered last december working 6 days p/w 12 houred days too.
I am not predicting a busy november because most want it doing in december. I will be making the most of it. Taking the 1st week off in january to rest.

Good Luck :green:

I'm mobile too & last year September & October were very quiet, November & December stupidly busy, then Jan & Feb quiet again.

This month has been very very quiet for me (like only 3 clients last week!), so I'm taking a couple of weeks off mid October.

I'm then offering £5 off vouchers to anyone with an appointment over £25 in December. These vouchers can only be redeemed in January, so hopefully won't be as quiet as last year!

I already have a fair few bookings running up to Xmas this year, so fingers crossed will be a nice busy month!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you everyone I have done 3 give aways today for each service as abit of advertising for Xmas and have also said 29th oct to 4th no I'm off. Think I may arrange extra child care in the week leading up to Xmas as 1st year working and being a single mum and from what everyone has said I can see me having to up my days lol

Last few years , we tend to be quiet end of October and November. Then busy December and January. x

I find it hard to predict,

last year i was steady over oct/nov, really busy over december, and even busier over january!

Im normally quiet over the school holidays and this year i wasnt, and since the kids have gone back to school my diary is 80% full until the end of october.

Im planning on taking a couple days off at the end of october when the kids are off for half term and then a week off in november ahead of the christmas rush.

I do take time off over christmas as the other year, i totally put myself out and bent over backwards to accomodate clients, even working new years day, and i just ended up feeling lousy and missing time with my kids.

so this year i will do what i did last year and work up until a couple of days before christmas, work 2 days inbetween christmas and newyear and then go back to normal from 2nd Jan.

Ill encourage all my regular clients to book in on their normal dates, rather than wait until the last minute before christmas and realise they are too busy and cancel anyway!

I might not make as much money as i would if i worked flat out, but hopefully i wont make myself poorly, and still get to enjoy lots of family time.

Thats the plan anyway, hopefully ill stick to it!

Im mobile btw

I find there is a bit of a slowdown in September, I think people are settling back into their routines, then it picks up again and then gets quiet again in January. From now to Christmas would be a good time to start pushing sales of gift vouchers and products for christmas gifts

Latest posts

Back