Are you a chatterbox?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mommabear

Reaction score
Really random

Im incredibly guilty of talking too much while doing a client, the most random things we talk about but they seem to love it.
As we all know we are secretly an agony aunt/uncle to some clients. I know the ins and outs of some of my clients lives so when they come in they update me on the weekly/forthnightly events.

Is it just me or does anybody else love a good natter?

Xoxo

I am a chatter box - when I have nice friendly clients I will chat to them like I've known them for years! The less chatty clients or those I have nothing in common with still end up chatting away to me as I've learnt over the years to make conversation with anyone! I think it's a real skill

Ha ha. I am a chatter box. I've been told multiple times it helps them distract from the pain of wax.

Part armchair therapist, part popcorn munching. It's fun. I like a good story.

I came from sales in a previous life. I was told as a kid and a few times as am adult that I could make a brick wall talk.

I usually end up listening when I am with clients. They tend to open up to me!

In my personal life though I can go either way. I can be extremely quiet or if i'm in a crowd I am known to enjoy a good laugh! Sometimes I have business things to go to with my husband and on these occasions I can talk a lot, purely out of nervousness!

No I'm not a chatterbox. But I love people who are. I don't like clients who don't talk, for people like that, I have subjects up my sleeve that I bring out to talk about. but if it doesnt seem to work because they just dont want to talk, then i go into my own world and let them have peace and quiet. I dont like it, but im getting used to it ! But if clients talk to me then the conversation flows.

No I'm not a chatterbox. But I love people who are. I don't like clients who don't talk, for people like that, I have subjects up my sleeve that I bring out to talk about. but if it doesnt seem to work because they just dont want to talk, then i go into my own world and let them have peace and quiet. I dont like it, but im getting used to it ! But if clients talk to me then the conversation flows.

If I were you're client Winnie, I know we would have enjoyable conversation!!:wink2:

If I were you're client Winnie, I know we would have enjoyable conversation!!:wink2:

Good I'm sure we would.. it's funny, every time I have a new client coming, I think to myself, god, I hope she's a chatty sort , and those who talk more , I seem to give a better service, because I can concentrate on the nails, without extra effort of having to make conversation !

Am I odd ??

No don't answer that :Scared:

Haha I'm a real chatterbox. Can't shut me up half the time but my clients love me for it. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm shy/quiet but when I'm in 'work' mode I don't stop talking! I'll be talking to a practical stranger like we've known each other for years - maybe it's nerves :)

I talk far too much, I'm forever telling myself reign it in Laura... but I still can't and don't!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha im glad im not the only one then haha i find myself talking but not doing what im meant to be doing, so give myself an imaginary slap to carry on. I think it makes them feel more comfortable if you can chat easily with them :) xx

Yep I talk far too much. I also tell myself to just shut the hell up all the time. I warn myself before seeing a client not to gab so much but I don't listen to my own advice x

I'm naturally not a person that likes talking much, but that doesn't make me a cold person I am very warm and friendly and when I'm with clients or a night out or have met someone new I'm extremely social!
But I do prefer listening, I guess it depends :)

Huge chatterbox!! My mum used to sing that Chaz n Dave song rabbit rabbit rabbit at me when I was young lol! Was actually very shy publicly til I got my Saturday job, would stick us on the door saying hello to everyone that came in, soon cured my shyness.

Now whenever I'm quiet my husband gets really unnerved by it! Immediately thinks he's done something wrong or someone's upset me!

Latest posts

Back