Are you/is your salon brand exclusive?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartypants319

Reaction score
So over the years, like most of us I am sure, I have collected an extensive (admittedly borderline hoarder) collection of polishes etc.. now that im expanding my service options, re-launching my nail service menu and redecorating my nail space my OCD has kicked in.....I am inclined to purchase all new colors from one brand EXCLUSIVELY (mainly because its aesthetically attractive in a small space). I feel like many salons in my area offer the same brands OPI, ESSIE, CHINA GLAZE, ETC.... and many clients associate these brands with the mani/pedi experience, have acquired "go to" favorites and can "pick a color" in less than 60 seconds. I do not mind these brands of course I have a few favorite shades of my own in each but I am looking to differentiate myself from my market competitiors since I recently relocated and back home I was using other perceived "higher end" brands that my market recognized and appreciated that I feel no one in my city will recognize or appreciate....they may even feel out of place, thrown off/confused....

I also feel like offering a new brand will make it more obvious that im not "competing" with the other salons that the experience I offer simply cannot be found in other salons!

my question is rather or not I should go with what is attractive to me or just stock the classics in those brands and keep it moving?

Which brand of polish is your favorite?

please share!

I love ink London I've recently fallen in love with it. I'm a CND girl and trained and solely used their products. I dipped my toes into ink iLac hybrid gel polishes and we'll that was it. Application, colours, length of wear on clients, removal and.......price!!!! You won't find better. I still offer my CND Shellac but most of my clients are or have moved over to iLac ☺ The Cuticle remover, remover fluid, glitter, customer service is simply amazing and it's British so all made here and there are no nasty ingredients and it's not tested on animals! Perfect x

I love ink London I've recently fallen in love with it. I'm a CND girl and trained and solely used their products. I dipped my toes into ink iLac hybrid gel polishes and we'll that was it. Application, colours, length of wear on clients, removal and.......price!!!! You won't find better. I still offer my CND Shellac but most of my clients are or have moved over to iLac ☺ The Cuticle remover, remover fluid, glitter, customer service is simply amazing and it's British so all made here and there are no nasty ingredients and it's not tested on animals! Perfect x
I've recently started using ink london ilac, it's amazing to use and also seems to make my nails stronger unlike the previous brand I was using. LOVE how fast and easy the removal is too. Definitely a winner. Won't be surprised if eventually the price will reflect just how great this product is :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used to have a mixture when I first started out.
However now I stick to one brand. I use Gelish gel polish & all that jazz matching polishes.

I am also a one brand girl. It looks nicer on the shelves, everything is compatible, and I only have to order from one supplier saving time and delivery costs.

I use Ink London too. LOVE IT. x

I hope inks prices don't shoot up as that's a big reason for their current popularity. Chrissy Scott has said her ethos is to keep prices as low as poss. She used to be a nail tech. It made in UK so no distributing costs ect ☺☺☺

I hope inks prices don't shoot up as that's a big reason for their current popularity. Chrissy Scott has said her ethos is to keep prices as low as poss. She used to be a nail tech. It made in UK so no distributing costs ect ☺☺☺
Yea I read that too as they sell directly to nail techs it cuts cost. Wonder if they're going to bring out nail files - buffers etc, and read on fb that they're bringing out a branded lamp ?

Could I have the link for ink London please

Yea I read that too as they sell directly to nail techs it cuts cost. Wonder if they're going to bring out nail files - buffers etc, and read on fb that they're bringing out a branded lamp ?

Is it a pro polish? There prices are amazing!!!
So tempted!! I cant decide out of gel 11 or ink london now :/ love that there uk based

I've often thought about being brand exclusive, but I really prefer to be able to pick the best products from different suppliers. I use complete systems (ie base colour and top) OPI GelColor and Gelish and I have both lamps. But I use S2 for D-Solve, D-Sperse and CND Solar Oil (nothing comes close to those three products for me). I use Minx, Kooky and Blixz, they are equal in quality and I just choose the best designs from each. I love OPI manicure products and Nubar pedicure products. I like NSI for files and their Secrets Gel for enhancements. The various brands and products I use are not randomly displayed or jumbled up in my salon, they are all neatly grouped together. I think it shows my clients that I research and find the best products for them. Just my opinion.

Is it a pro polish? There prices are amazing!!!
So tempted!! I cant decide out of gel 11 or ink london now :/ love that there uk based
Yes its a pro polish only :) it's a great product. I also want to try gel ll but will definitely be keeping this brand aswel..

I have just put an order in :) for some.
I cant find any swatch theads, have you come across any.
Think im still going to order gel 11 reactions too. They look to good not to haha

Latest posts

Back