Aren't friends just the best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becky30

Reaction score
My best friend rings me up at 7am this morning to ask about one of my yesterday's client who also happens to be a good friend of hers. She wanted to know if this friend of hers had been spending alot of time in the salon. I told her she had had 1 or 2 appointments, and she proceeded to tell me that this friend shouldn't be spending money on "people like me" when she owes her £90. My friend is a self employed cleaner and this client owes her for cleaning... I'm sorry but that is not my problem!! And what does she mean "people like me?" an un-necessary service provider when times are hard! because in my eyes a cleaner is along them same ranks, but it's not my fault that I ask for money owed at the time of service and she doesn't!
That statement really bugged me. :-(

She has no right to ask you questions of that sort and get you involved! She's obviously not asking this so called friend for the money is she? Some people eh! X

I think she may be putting your job in to the 'luxury' category whilst classing her work as beings the required.
If this person is not in a fit state to clean then yes a cleaner will be needed but other than that I would class both jobs as 'luxury' and say this is not your fault. Your simply paid to do your job, she doesn't pay you to control her finances!

I find the problem with some people is peer backing.
Maybe by pointing this out to you she thought you would be disgusted and refuse any more appointments etc. then your friend would have the backing from you which would then give her the confidence to ask for the money that is owes!

Smile, and keep your distance cxx

Don't tell her anything. Client confidentiality. You're not allowed to disclose your client's appointments to other clients. It's none of their business.

Not your problem! If she can't get her client to pay the answer is tough nipples, but I agree with above its confidentiality and sorry to say but you have broken it. It's not as bad as doctors and nurses confidentiality but is still wrong.
Hope she doesn't drag you in too deep, your nt really a part of their problems xoxo

The confidentiality thing is not really an issue cos in her words, "it p****s me off when I see it splashed all over Facebook that she's been to yours."
So she knew anyway, it's like as already been said, I think she was thinking that I might be disgusted in this clients behaviour and turn down any future appointments, but we know that's not going to happen as long as she keeps paying me x

Latest posts

Back