ARRGGHHHH - ill informed people!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice class of person on that forum!! :p

Just had a look and if I thought I could make a difference I say something but There are a couple of very ignorant people there and no one will change their mind.

Well done Geeks for holding up the side and staying polite and professional. My advice would be to leave it alone now.
:hug:

Marian

Excuse me!!! :smack: I really dont think there is any need of that, you have obviously joined this forum because proffessional advice was given on your site that you didnt agree with. Your site may put up with ill mannered comments but let me assure you that this one certainly will not.

Sparkley said:
Weirdo's!!
Certainly not weird enough for you to take a little peek, this site is a professional site, discussing professional issues, lets not get into anymore silly arguments

Ladies don,t bite just ignore....

OK, sorry, but i did post what i thought was right because TWO of my friends have their own salon and they have BOTH told me that acrylics are bad, bad, bad!

I have been getting my nails 'done' now for about 2 years. I started with acrylics and now i get gels (bio-sculpture) on the advice of quite a few professional nail technicians.

I wouldn't lie or make something up i swear.

Sparkley said:
OK, sorry, but i did post what i thought was right because TWO of my friends have their own salon and they have BOTH told me that acrylics are bad, bad, bad!

I have been getting my nails 'done' now for about 2 years. I started with acrylics and now i get gels (bio-sculpture) on the advice of quite a few professional nail technicians.

Sparkley, we are not disputing what you have been told and your opinions as well as others on this site are welcome, but insults arent, if you take a look around the searches or type in MMA and see information concerning acrylic that does cause problems you may have a better understanding

maybe you should direct your two friends to this site too, perhaps they could benefit from learning from this site like the rest of us do - maybe with a bit more understanding they wouldn't feel the need to broadcast that acrylics are bad when infact its other factors that ruin the nails. We dont tend to get into slanging matches on here though....more of a help one another out forum......

I have been reading the past posts and i am going to give my two peneth now.

Certain Gel companies state that there products are "Organic" "Let Your Nails Breathe" and "Acrylic Damages Your Nails"

As a fully qualified Nail Technician, beauty therapist and session nail technician i must say that all the above comments are infact inncorrect and you have been mis informed Sparkey!!!

All nail systems are "Acrylic" based nails do not breathe, they do not have lungs and no system actually damages your nails it is a bad technician, so the people you are refering to are obviously bad trained technicians.

This site is for nail technicians to build there skills and to help other technicians, if you want informative advice, please feel free to ask any questions with the correct manner and i am sure we will be happy to help.

Amanda

Sparkley said:

As quoted by Sparkely a few mins ago - dont mock it aint nice..

Sunset, just take a look on here http://www.thenailgeek.com/

This is all doing my head in now!!

Sorry just bitten...Look familar Sparkley

looking at other post now put up it's gone crazy with genuine advice wanted, so if anything by the end of this lots more people will have a much better informed view of nail care! result!

Bodacious/Katherine :hug: I think we won that one!

It's nice to see people genuinely interested in what they can do to stop problems, and learn from us as professionals - I have a warm fluffy feeling now :Love:

Well done ladies..!! Don't it make you feel proud to be a GEEK...:) !!

Vicky xx

Me too, I feel like we have enlighted some ladies and they will now get a much better job done and enjoy having enhancements! Hopefully now after a bad experince they will go back and try it again and be so much happier

Definately! :wink2: and i wont retaliate to the comment made about being blonde and driving an mx5!!!!

Kellyc said:
Definately! :wink2: and i wont retaliate to the comment made about being blonde and driving an mx5!!!!
Do you then :p :lol:

Bodacious said:
No i dont i drive a clio - but................. i am naturally blonde!!

Bodacious said:

I was going to ask that too :lol:

Right,

I looked at the forums.
I decided not to argue the point as what many were saying (in the face of fact) was about as stupid as debating "I have a friend who's butt started growing to massive proportions since about the same time she stared using Fructus shampoo... therefore (regardless of any common sense or scientific explanation) I KNOW that Fructus must make your butt grow to mammoth proportions".

Even if Mr. Fructus came on to put logic to their comments, Sparkle butt (and a couple others) simply didn't care. How do you think they have such massive post counts?

Anyhooo. I have shown sparkle to the door. Whenever she bobs back around, my ban o matic will foraward her onto http://www.e7.pl/~casha/swf/pmf.swf

Lets let this one lay down now.

* Thread locked and key chucked *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back